Our client is a specialist Performance Improvement agency. They are at the top of their game and have a fantastic client portfolio of household name businesses including major automotive manufacturers.
Due to growing business, they are recruiting an Account Director to work on an automotive manufacturer’s European account providing content for vehicle product training. The successful candidate will join an established team which designs, develops and delivers content for 22 European Markets in digital (eLearning & App), print and occasionally live formats. They will work closely with client contacts have regular face to face meetings. They'll be keen to secure other projects too, from both existing and new budget owners.
This role would suit someone currently working in a marketing agency at Senior Account Manager or Account Director level on an automotive manufacturer account. You could currently be working on performance improvement, events, comms or dealer marketing – what is important is that you can demonstrate the ability to understand and build really strong relationships with automotive manufacturer clients.
Role and Reporting:
Account Directors are expected to have the depth of experience and expertise to be able to represent the agency at a senior level, being comfortable with handling virtually all meetings with clients and of advising and directing them to use services to match their performance improvement needs and those of their channel partners.
- Full responsibility for the retention, development and profitability of your client portfolio.
- Have an appreciation of the strategic focus of the agency’s business and understand the need for developing profitable business from existing clients.
- Develop an understanding about each client’s business and about the range of services available to support their requirements.
- Take part in agency pitches presenting yourself with confidence and talking knowledgeably in order to establish credibility and help win the account.
- Be committed to providing the very highest quality of customer service and inspiring your colleagues to do likewise.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Thinking strategically about client need
- Leading the account team
- Financial forecasting and business planning
- New Business Development
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of account management on an automotive manufacturer account in a marketing agency.
- Experience in performance improvement is desirable but not essential
- A proven track record in building and developing an automotive manufacturer account
- The ability to look at the ‘big picture’ will lead you to think strategically and creatively about client needs.
- Experience managing people and leading virtual teams to project completion.
- Energy, drive, determination and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills & numerical skills
- The ability to build sound working relationships with clients and with colleagues.
- Sales and persuasion skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstrate the ability to persuasively to sell your ideas to clients.
- Very well presented with highly polished presentation skills
- Strong people management and development skills
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.