Our client, a leading manufacturer and supplier of generators based near Leicester, is seeking an After-Sales Service Engineer based in the Midlands who will be able to assist and support the Sales team to ensure the efficient pre and after sales duties.
Essential knowledge Base:
- Must be compliant with diesel generators up to 2MW in particular Aksa sets with various engines and alternator, E.g., Perkins, Doosan, Stamford, Meccalte and Cummins
- Engineering qualifications in a relevant engineering area is a must, 16th or 17th Edition will be an asset.
- Experience and good working knowledge of Control system wiring, i.e., Deepsea, Comap controllers, paralleling systems.
- An up to date understanding of Health and Safety regulations
After-Sales Service Engineer Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all generator sets are Pre-Delivery inspected (PDI) prior to delivery in line with PDI plan and with manufacturers’ recommendations and where appropriate, carry out those service and maintenance tasks;
- Respond to and diagnose all operational faults as is necessary
- Ensure all maintenance records are kept in line with company requirements ï· Ensure Service Level Agreements are implemented to the required levels both by internal departments and third party
- Report relevant operational issues to the MD
- Ability to identify and suggest ideas for system & process improvement;
- Identify and meet the needs of all delegated customers and to offer support, advice and problem solving when required;
- Identify parts for sales and ordering processes
- Carry out Service commissioning when required including installation ï· Maintain Company vehicle in accordance with Company policy
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislative requirements on site are adhered to and continuously improved; ensure that all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and understood by all contractors where relevant; ensure that all COSHH assessments are understood and worked to by all contractors where relevant
After-Sales Service Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- 2-5 years-experience as a diesel generator engineer with strong knowledge of Cummins, Perkins, Doosan John Deere engines and Stamford, Meccalte Alternators
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Excellent time-management whilst flexibly prioritising, planning and monitoring own activity, performance and progress;
- Able to accept multiple objectives and prioritise accordingly;
- Entrepreneurial, innovative thinker able to look at different solutions to business and operational problems
- Excellent communication skills
Hours of work
39 hrs p/w, Mon – Thu 9.00 – 1700hr and Friday 9.00 – 1600hrs*
*Overtime may be required
- Circa £27,000
- company laptop, mobile phone and Pick up truck
- 23 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.