Express Recruitment are proud to be working on behalf on one of the UK and Europe’s leading power generation companies. Due to increased customer growth, our client are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Service Engineer to join their UK after sales team.
Due to the demanding nature of the role, applicants must be flexible with regards to frequent nationwide travel.
In return our client are offering a competitive salary package, company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, pension scheme, 23 days holiday + bank holidays and genuine opportunities for self – development and long term progression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Respond to all machinery breakdowns and diagnosing faults on site
* Travel to various customer sites and carry out installation and commissioning works
* Identify electrical/mechanical faults and escalate any major issues to managing director
* Suggest and identify key areas for continuous improvements and system development
* Follow the correct process for ordering parts
* Ensure works is carried out in line with company regulations and adhere to all legal requirements
* Maintain an excellent level of Health and Safety knowledge and ensure they are adhered to at all times
* Carry out risk assessments and produce method statements and detailed fault reports
* Liaise directly with suppliers, contractors and customers
Qualifications and Experience
* Proven experience working with diesel generators up to 2MW e.g. Perkins, Doosan and Cummins
* Apprenticeship trained/City & Guilds in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
* Experience with Stamford and Meccalte alternators desirable
* Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety standards
* Ability to prioritise workloads and manage own diary
* Full UK driving license
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.