Our client, a well-established passenger and commercial vehicle manufacturer are experiencing strong growth with the launch of a number of new products. There is now a requirement to recruit an Aftersales Area Manager who will be responsible for managing dealers and dealer groups in the Midlands.
To maximize the Aftersales business potential by coaching dealers in all aspects of Aftersales business and customer relationship management. This objective will be distributed to 70% commercial activity in order to achieve the agreed parts & accessories budget via effective management of the Dealer Network, including maximization of parts penetration and service plans. The other 30% of the role will be focused on developing Dealers to maintain and improve brand standards, service and customer experience levels, thereby maximizing customer retention and network profitability.
- To be the primary interface between Head Office and the Dealer Network for all Aftersales business.
- To manage and coach Dealers in order to improve their service and repair turnover and capability.
- To coach Dealers on accessory sales best practice, ensuring that showrooms are accessorised and merchandised effectively.
- To achieve CSI objective issued for the respective market area.
- To actively promote and sell Service Contracts, ensuring that car sales and service staff are aware of all offers and capable of selling plans.
- To ensure all Aftersales training is attended by the relevant dealer personnel.
- Where instructed by Network Development, identify new dealers and take them through the application process to live Dealer status.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- To have worked within a commercial/ management role for a manufacturer, importer or retailer, preferably in a field based role.
- To have proven experience of growing parts and accessory sales through the workshop and trade channels.
- Experience in managing senior dealer staff as well as communicating and presenting at all levels.
- To be able to demonstrate a proven, results driven achievement record.
- Customer relationship management experience.
- Self-motivated with drive to achieve team and personal targets.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Computer Literate: Conversant with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment. Ref: GB57
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.