A leading automotive manufacturer is looking to fill a key role in their field-team to work with dealers in one of their highest achieving areas. The role covers a region stretching from Manchester – Humberside – Lincolnshire. This role would suit someone currently working in a sales or sales management role for either an automotive dealer or manufacturer. You will need to have a very good understanding of automotive retail sales, demonstrate ambition, drive and very strong commercial acumen and interpersonal skills. You career will be on an upward path and you will be ambitious to move up to the next level.
The role will be responsible for the successful delivery of the new car and accessory sales target for the defined area. Working closely with the dealers to develop a strong manufacturer/dealer relationship offering the necessary support and guidance to support the dealers in the delivery of our mutual objectives.
This is a geographical driven role which requires the candidate to gain knowledge and understand the local market including competitor activities.
The role will also require a strong relationship with the aftersales area manager and Business Management Manager to develop a strong team ethos.
· Accountable for achievement of dealer targets on new vehicles (retail, corporate, B2B) and accessories.
· Sales mix, marketing and promotion of new product at local level.
· Stock ageing of new and used vehicles.
· Quality of customer handling and sales process.
· Sales CSI scores, image and brand presentation of new and used car facilities.
· Local communication of national consumer offers.
· Influence over local performance in market place.
· Make a positive impact and contribution to achieving a strong dealer constitution to be measured as the 10th Mid Term Plan.
· Negotiate and agree targets in line with the manufacturer’s objectives.
· Advise and communicate best practice on marketing and promotional activities.
· Ensure that local marketing is integrated to national advertising and meets advertising code of conduct.
· Ensure retailers have adequate product and sales training to support their sales objectives.
· Assess and monitor CSI scores for sales and create focus where necessary.
· Liaise with Corporate and B2B teams when required to ensure retailers are given adequate support to achieve overall new sales targets.
· Implement required brand presentation of sales facilities.
The Successful Candidate:
· Be currently working in a sales or sales management role for either an automotive dealer or manufacturer.
· You career will be on an upward path and you will be ambitious to move up to the next level.
· Demonstrate proven understanding of automotive retailer culture and structure (within the last 5 years)
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
· Successfully delivered sales targets, both new car sales and accessories.
· May have experience of car sales retailing.
· Intermediate marketing and promotional knowledge.
· Human, Passionate, Imaginative, Challenging
· You need to hold a full, clean driving licence
· Intermediate Excel is a must
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.