A leading manufacturer of passenger cars and commercial vehicles, now need to recruit an experienced Area Sales Manager for the light commercial division. The role will manage a portfolio of dealers covering a quarter of the country along the M4, M5 and M40 corridors.
They are seeking an experienced individual who has a sales background in commercial vehicles, and has a strong track record of achieving sales targets. This role is the key link between Head Office, and the Dealer network.
- Ensure your Zone has adequate stock and pipeline, both in volume and mix to achieve the combined Dealer/Zone targets.
- Ensure the Dealers within the Zone comply to the following quantitative and qualitative requirements, including:-
- Display, Demonstrators, advertising and promotions, minimum requirements within operating standards.
- Training in sales area, plus update of central database.
- Aged stock “sell out” objective
- Dealership Sales Process and management procedures
- Marketing Planning activities
The successful candidate will also be responsible to manage key dealer accounts on a national basis as well as have the ability to work with poor performing dealers to improve their profitability, or terminate. They will have excellent knowledge of commercial vehicles within the automotive industry, a high level of numeracy, strong attention to detail, organisation and motivation are essential, as is the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high-profile company which demands the very best calibre of candidate able to demonstrate excellent sales abilities within this competitive sector.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment. Ref: GB84
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Dealers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.