About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit Automotive Industry Solutions - Delivering accurate forecasts, market information, competitive analysis and strategic tools for automotive OEMs, their suppliers, retailers and financial stakeholders.
We think about a car. We provide the most comprehensive information, analytics and expertise to the automotive industry available in the world today. Every day, industry leaders rely on our solutions and services to drive better decisions and results.
Our global team is smart, fun, diverse, passionate, collaborative, and socially-responsible – if this sounds like you, why don’t you work at IHS Markit? The role of Automotive Data Analyst is an opportunity to apply your motor industry experience in a new and challenging way that you probably never knew existed!
- Monitor incoming data from dealers, DMS providers and manufacturers for all UK and global markets, and report completeness within established SLA targets
- Be accountable for the timely resolution and escalation of all problems relating to the DMS data in accordance with established SLA targets and for the quality and integrity of data from the point of acquisition, to input into the Data Warehouse
- Contribute to and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) Respond to support queries from internal and external customers, log within our global CRM system and provide 1st line resolution
- Assign 2nd and 3rd line support cases to the appropriate teams and be responsible for achieving SLA targets and communication of resolutions
- Proactively investigate quality issues where necessary
- Onboarding of new dealers to the PolkConnect and Catalyst for Aftersales programs
- Carry out ad-hoc project work
- Liaise with individuals and managers within the various business teams
- Client contact (both UK based and International)
- Liaise with multiple DMS suppliers
- Based at the St Albans office
- Occasional travel to customers within the UK may be required
- A reasonable amount of additional (unpaid) hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met
- To meet the changing needs of the business, any other reasonable duties as requested by your Manager.
Required Work Experience
- A minimum of two years practical experience in an Aftersales role within the Retail Motor Trade, Automotive Manufacturer, DMS supplier or associated industry
- Able to assess relative business priorities based on a solid understanding of customer satisfaction and revenue implications
- Customer facing Required Professional Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Customer focused
- Able to deliver consistently high standards of work
- Logical thinking, accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work without close supervision
- Flexibility to work on more than one project at once
- Able to meet challenging deadlines Required Education/Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C and above including Maths and English