Our client, a multi franchise Main dealer, is looking for a Workshop Controller in Ashford!
Salary: Commensurate with skills and responsibilities
Driver Licence Required: Yes
Working Hours: 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday 8:00am to 1:00pm Saturday (on a rota basis)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To control and co-ordinate the activities of employees in the workshop and ensure the highest quality of work is carried out at all times. Overall efficiency is to be maintained at above 90% minimum overall and the department profit achieved. To cover the duties of a Service Advisor during holidays and training courses.
OBJECTIVES AND KEY TASKS:
- Allocate work to technicians and apprentices with due consideration to their knowledge and skills.
- Liaise with the Service Manager and ensure that he/she is advised of any delay to, or of any further work needed on a customer vehicle.
- At the end of the working day and during the day, report to the Service Manager the position of the unfinished jobs still in the workshop.
- Ensure customers’ vehicles are put into the workshop at the end of the day and that the workshop is left secure and safe, with all equipment switched off.
- Carry out random quality control checks on vehicles and record results.
- Ensure that the highest standards of tidiness and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Strict control of signing off technician’s time, on job cards.
- All ‘job card’ reports to be clear and concise, to be kept clean and returned to the Service Reception upon completion of any work.
- Maintain and monitor staff development and efficiency.
- Supervise the ongoing training of apprentices and new employees on product and equipment.
- Responsible for the care of all Plant and Equipment, ensuring that all ‘special’ tools are located on the tool boards provided.
- Promote a positive approach to Health and Safety of the workshop.
- Make weekly maintenance checks on workshop equipment, i.e. compressor oil levels etc.
- Carry out any other work that is independent of his/her own responsibility that is incidental to their normal work, but is part of the running of the workshop.
- To notify immediately, the Service Manager of any damage or fault to any technical equipment in the workshop, tooling or customers property.
- To cover all the duties of a Service Advisor during Holidays, training courses, or as required.
- City and Guilds Level 3 or equivalent NVQ qualification in Motor Vehicle
- HND or HNC in Motor Vehicles or equivalent
- Understanding of service department Key Performance Indicators i.e. efficiency, productivity and utilisation measures
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills
- The ability to work efficiently with the public
- Able to convey information clearly & succinctly whether verbally or in writing
- Able to solve problems
- Able to establish effective working relationships with varied personnel
- Able to work independently demonstrating initiative and pro-activity
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Able to persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence others
- Word processing/spreadsheet skills
- Have a smart appearance
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to sometimes deal with difficult, impatient or distressed people
- Efficient and well organised
- Interested in the work of the organisation
Please remember to quote the reference number when applying – PRS22073
If you are interested in this vacancy or any other similar roles within the automotive sector please contact Lee Dargan at Progress Recruitment Solutions (UK) Ltd now!
Unfortunately we are unable to contact every application that we receive, if you do not receive a response please assume that you have been unsuccessful with this particular application, however if you have automotive experience we will keep your details on file and contact you should a vacancy arise that matches your skills and experience.
We are a leading recruiter within the automotive sector providing coverage across the UK, if you are looking to further your career within the motor trade please get in touch with us.
We have many motor trade positions available ranging from Car Sales and Vehicle Technician jobs through to General Manager.
Follow us on Twitter to see our latest vacancies! @progressrecruit @progressjobs
Automotive | Motor Trade | Service | Workshop | Ashford | Kent |