A global, iconic brand company that is committed to providing best-in-class products to a variety of markets now requires a Brand Manager to play a key role in the UK Marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the role will be focussed on supporting and leading on brand marketing initiatives to exploit new opportunities, increase market penetration and ensure the business achieves sustainable competitive advantage.
To be responsible for developing Specialist Motorbike and Household brands in the UK trade and retail channels. You will work closely with sales teams and customers to develop and execute channel marketing plans specifically for trade and retail to deliver the regions market potential. Specific requirements of the role include:
- Study the UK market, map the potential for each channel and then develop suitable marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and product trial through various; Promotions, Trade Events, Point of Sale materials, Sampling activity.
- Actively support and provide insight to the sales team – with key customers – to generate revenue and improve customer penetration.
- Measure and evaluate marketing effectiveness through brand tracking and market penetration analysis and provide detailed reporting by brand and sales channel.
Desired Skills and Experience
Someone of Graduate calibre, ideally with a CIM, Diploma or similar qualification. You will have trade and retail marketing experience in Europe with approx. 3 years working with brands, ideally within the motorbike industry e.g. manufacturers, sports, leisure, parts and accessories with good exposure and understanding of Grocery retail and Category Management.
- Formulate short and long term vision, strategy and goals to help achieve brand contribution goals.
- Support and help develop overall business plan in strategic development and commercialization of key initiatives.
- Develop marketing plans and policies to ensure profitable growth and expansion.
- Establish and ensure product line strategy is appropriately developed, monitored and rationalized.
- Develop and recommend pricing and promotional strategy that will ensure the maximum sales, distribution and profit. Ensure that promotions are implemented and evaluated.
- Manage events program and implement sampling initiatives that improve awareness, trial and purchase.
- Assure that market intelligence is received and analyzed so opportunities can be maximized and competitive activity minimized.
- Review the evaluation of market reaction to advertising programs, promotional programs and brand packaging to ensure the timely adjustment of these elements to maximize market conditions.
- Ensure effective control of marketing/promotional investment and initiate corrective action to ensure marketing results are achieved within designated budgets.
- Develop and manage relations with external agencies, third party relationships and cross functional collaborative working with internal departments.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment.
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.