Our client are seeking a Building Surveyor to join their Repairs and Maintenance works planning team, to work on their Key Social Housing PFI Contracts on a permanent basis in the North London region.
As Building Surveyor your duties will be to carry out property surveys on one of our clients key contracts. You will deliver ongoing maintenance works to social housing stock consisting of Victorian/Edwardian Street properties and listed buildings within conservation areas. In this role you will liaise with subcontractors obtaining quotes for works and managing work through to completion. The type of work will be a range of low and high value and varied from replacing windows and doors and roofs or retaining walls or wooden sash windows.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• To identify Lifecycle and Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works, to place orders and manage works through to completion
• To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
• Provide leadership and direction for Project team members
• Attend Resident Consultation Meetings as required
• Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
• To provide technical support to colleague as required
• Daily updating of Management information
The preferred candidate will have previous experience as a Building Surveyor with Social Housing experience. You will be fully aware of building regulations, planning and listed building applications, listed building and conservation area protocol, general surveying practices and experience of diagnosing damp and roofing issues.
You will also have:
• Ability to assess the correctness, performance to date, and likely future performance of the various constituent elements that combine to make a building.
• Ability to diagnose faults and produce specifications of works.
• Have sound numeracy skills and required level of commercial acumen.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and proven negotiation skills.
• RICS certified or similar would be beneficial however this is not essential.
On offer is:
• Basic salary paying up to £45k
• Car allowance paying £5k
• 25 days holiday allocation
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance, income protection and private health care
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.