A motorcycle manufacturer is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to identify potential dealers throughout the UK, working with suitable candidates to build the dealer network.
- Deliver the Business Plan through the establishment of positive relationships with Dealers across the UK, identifying local and national growth opportunities to drive profitability and achieve results.
- This is a field based role with weekly attendance required at Head Office. Weekend work will be required from time to time.
- Proactively prospect for quality motorcycle dealers throughout the UK who can professionally represent the brand for our motorcycle and our small bike franchises. Manage the dealer appointment process, working with the field sales team, aftersales teams and head office.
- Identify opportunities to grow motorcycle sales through business users, membership organisations and company business partners and their staff. Develop, grow and maintain these relationships to ensure sales growth. Liaise with the local dealers and act as the daily contact for these organisations
- Attend Head Office each week and update the management team on progress, challenges and proposed solutions.
- Work alongside the Dealer Development Co-ordinator to ensure a smooth and efficient appointment process for new dealers
- Liaise with all departments and the field teams to ensure co-operation and support for all newly appointed dealers
- Work closely with dealers to ensure that fleet, business, and membership organisations are professionally looked after for sales and aftersales
- Support customer and dealer events as required
- The Company operates in a dynamic and changing environment where there is a need for flexibility. The list of responsibilities above is therefore not exhaustive and it is possible that elements of your job will change from time to time.
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge and experience of Business Development, within a field based role
- Have 5+ years’ experience within a sales environment within the motorcycle retail industry
- Have knowledge and understanding of the automotive product and industry
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Packages
- Have people management and retail experience
- Be customer focused and take responsibility for management and delivery
- Be passionate about the motorcycle industry and a team player
- Be willing to travel and work outside normal office hours
- Be able to deliver Board level presentations with style and persuasion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a collaborative ethos and the ability to interact and influence a diverse range of people
It would be advantageous to have a full motorcycle licence.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.