An exciting opportunity has arisen at a fast-growing automotive software provider (SaaS).
Eight Technology provide software solutions to the automotive industry at both retailer and manufacturer level. Due to rapid expansion and product portfolio growth, we are looking to employ a field-based Business Development Manager.
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer acquisition and sales objectives for our new Acceler8 product.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients through cold calling, canvassing, social media platforms and other relevant channels. You must then plan pitches and convince potential clients to do business with the company.
Your objective is to book face-to-face appointments with business decision makers. You must build rapport with new clients to ensure a successful sales dialogue whilst also establishing a business need. You will also work with the marketing department and Divisional Director to send out introductory information to new clients and build strong working relationships between the business and prospects. You will play a pivotal role within a small but highly talented group, delivering success for both clients and yourself.
Strategic sales planning is also a key part, since it is the Business Development Manager’s responsibility to grow the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Working with the Divisional Director on new customer acquisition within the allocated product line and region.
- Increasing Acceler8 market penetration in line with agreed targets and business plans.
- Continually evolving a lead generation strategy in order to maintain a strong new business pipeline.
- Managing the complete business development lifecycle from lead generation through to opportunity qualification, presentation, price negotiation, close and installation.
- Building a sales pipeline to ensure sales target achievement.
- Tailoring the Acceler8 value proposition within sales process to speak to a range of buyers and potential stakeholders.
- Recording, report and administer ALL activity in CRM.
- Respond to and follow-up all inbound sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
Desired Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Sales experience either in automotive retail or automotive software sales (both would be ideal).
- Demonstrated history of exceeding revenue targets through understanding customers’ needs and objectives, problem solving and building solutions.
- Extremely personable, confident and an excellent communicator.
- Hardworking, with exceptional presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic with highly positive attitude and a commitment to long term success both personally and for the company.
- A real ‘hunter mentality’ for sourcing business
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Based around the North West/ Yorkshire & Humber region.
- Willingness to travel and spend nights away from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales professional to join a fast growing and exciting software company.
We are offering a competitive basic salary, fully-expensed company car, laptop, iPhone, iPad, health insurance and pension.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.