A Manufacturer of branded automotive specialised chemicals to dealer groups and motor manufacturers are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
This role would suit someone with a background in the automotive sector, probably with a supplier selling products or a service into dealerships.
The BDM role is responsible for the account management of existing accounts and new-business development of a mixed portfolio of dealers (car, motorcycle, caravan/leisure and marine) within Southern England.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Be proactive in building a process that brings new customers and maintains existing customers with emphasis on value and service as the company’s key benefits.
· Schedule and organise training and sales events, related marketing materials and event reviews.
· Lead efforts to achieve volume and goal targets in all inventory and product types.
· Develop specific zones and routing within the market to establish an organised marketing strategy.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· 3 years of experience in sales and portfolio management preferred
· Experience in auto industry preferred
· Must be able to demonstrate a track record of target achievement and business development
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Strong time management skills and ability to manage deadlines
· Must be comfortable in a high pressure, results driven and fast paced work environment
· Be competent in using word/excel/ power point
· Be located in Southern England
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Select.
Copeland Select specialise in recruitment in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, operations, analyst and managerial roles.