Our client manufactures world-leading measurement and navigation systems primarily for the automotive industry. As a result of continued success and growth they have an opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This role will hold responsibility for the selection, management and optimization of sales representatives on an international basis.
This role is a key role within the business and offers the opportunity to work closely with the external representatives, international customers, support engineers and wider team to shape future sales strategy. The role requires a commercially astute salesperson with previous experience of managing a network of representatives or distributors.
- Achieving sales targets through the ongoing recruitment, training and development of a motivated network of representatives.
- Developing detailed strategic plans per territory to maintain and grow business in current and potential markets.
- Managing forecasting and pipeline.
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows, following up leads accordingly.
- Servicing key accounts directly and carrying out quarterly business reviews.
Key skills & Experience required
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a science, engineering, marketing or business management subject.
- Experience selling a technical product, ideally on a European or International basis.
- Previous experience of recruiting and managing distributors, representatives or having line management responsibility for a sales team.
- A polished, tenacious approach showing commercial judgement.
- Mandarin or Japanese language skills beneficial but by no means essential.
In return our client offers a competitive annual salary and sales bonus. The nature of this role will involve regular international travel, predominately to East Asia.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Mcilvennie at Copeland Automotive Recruitment.
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.