Our client is an iconic automotive vehicle manufacturer who are currently enjoying exciting growth plans for the future in the UK and Internationally. They have ambitious plans and have a number of exciting new products in the pipeline.
They are currently seeking a new Commercial Vehicle Sales Manager to proactively develop sales with major fleet customers in the UK and internationally. The individual will also develop strong relationships with key dealer partners in order to maximise sales across UK regions and Europe and key leasing companies and ensure strong Light Commercial Vehicle residual values by assisting in the management of the relationship with the industry guides.
The role responsibilities:
- Identify and seek out new prospects, formulate account relationships, maintain lasting sales penetration across specific commercial vehicle sectors on an account by account basis.
- Maximise volume sales, protect brand principles and respond proactively to all sales opportunities.
- Control advanced sales negotiations to positive conclusion, administrate and develop sales opportunities across key markets and key target customers.
- Adopt, understand, evaluate and utilise wider automotive organisations/reports to position the products and services ahead of competitors e.g. SMMT, Insight, CAP and equivalents across Europe (in conjunction with partners in market)
- Track and identify key conditions/market opportunities aligned to product offers whilst implementing marketing initiatives that deliver and maximise growth and product exposure to all relevant industry sectors
- Lead meetings, design and present at senior level as well as attending/co-ordinating events to position products and services. Ensuring participation from targeted customers/prospects
- Build strong relationships with major LCV fleets in the UK and internationally
- Build strong relationships with distribution and maintenance Partners across Europe
- Build strong relationships with the major fleet funders
- Ensure the maintenance of class leading residual values by building strong relationships with RV guides across Europe
- Ability to be both a ‘Hunter’ opening up new business from cold, and a ‘Farmer’ in retaining and growing accounts
- A proven ‘people person’ able to quickly build positive relationships internally and externally
- Self-starter driven by challenge able to self-motivate and work on own initiative creating opportunities without close supervision
- A creative and entrepreneurial thinker who can conceive innovative ‘premium price solutions’ with perceived high value for clients and high margins.
- A skilled negotiator, able to sell value rather than price
- Results driven with a proven track record of selling LCV solutions to fleets
- Confident and resilient able to absorb business pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high level of emotional intelligence, ability to influence and persuade
- Ability to manage up as well as down the organisation and to negotiate with others to achieve objectives
- Hands-on approach with a clear focus on bottom line profitability
- Significant experience of key account targeting, prospecting and development essential
- Ability to adopt a ‘consultative selling’ approach
- Ability to communicate and present effectively to a senior audience
- Awareness of international commercial business legislation and anti-corruption laws
- Must be able to demonstrate successful and consistent achievement of sales volume and profit targets
- Must be able to demonstrate significant business growth with new to market high value products
- Experience of successful market launches would be ideal
- Previous product management experience would be an advantage
- Previous multi-market responsibility would be an advantage
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment. Ref: GB23
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.