Our client is an iconic automotive vehicle manufacturer who are currently enjoying exciting growth plans for the future in the UK and Internationally. They have ambitious plans and have a number of exciting new products in the pipeline. They are currently seeking a Dealer Development Manager who will act as the key interface between the Manufacturer Head Office and its current and future network across all areas of the dealer’s business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Network Development this newly created role will be responsible for working with the UK dealer network across a number of key disciplines. Working closely with head office and regional teams, you will devise and implement recovery plans & manage the identification and application process of future partners to represent the franchise in identified Open Points.
- To ensure that the Dealer Network adheres to the Mission Statement, Values and Goals of the manufacturer.
- To ensure adherence to dealer standards requirements and to seek improvement in all areas.
- Organisation of Regional Meetings to ensure dealer understanding and gain commitment to specific Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Programmes and Initiatives.
- Work with appointed composite supplier to identify & prioritise non profitable dealers
- Work with non-profitable dealers, identifying cause, devising and implementing recovery plans. Working with the dealer, regional teams and head office to ensure plan is delivered and recovery secured.
- Working with successful dealers to identify best practice, devising mechanisms to propagate across network.
- Identify, evaluate, recruit and appoint new partners in line with the division’s open point strategy. Managing all processes and securing management approval in line with company procedures.
- Liaise with all departments and the Regional Sales Managers to ensure cooperation and support for all newly appointed Dealers.
The Successful Candidate:
- Understanding of Franchising Issues & relationship with Franchise Team
- Experience of Network Management and Development
- Well-developed negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Commercial acumen with knowledge and experience of crucial business functions
- Financially capable with excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a collaborative ethos and the ability to interact and influence a diverse range of people
- Focused and resilient, with the ability to deliver effectively in a pressurised environment
- High productivity, an acute attention to detail and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment.
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.