Dealer Principal - Mercedes Benz of Dorchester
Sandown is a privately owned Mercedes-Benz group operating across six sites. The group is responsible for two of Mercedes-Benz UK’s market areas and employs approximately 420 people. Sandown is focused on being innovative and dynamic and is committed to delivering an exceptional experience to its Mercedes Benz and smart customers.
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team in Dorchester as Dealer Principal. Reporting directly to the Group Managing Director, the main responsibility of this role will be to ensure the efficient running of the site and to drive Sales and Aftersales business into the site by maximising existing sales opportunities and exploring new avenues for generating business opportunities. You will be involved with planning, motivating and co-ordinating the site’s management through exceptional leadership whilst delivering the Sandown experience and exceeding customer expectations at all times.
- Ensure that the site achieves profit margins within its objectives/annual budget.
- To continually monitor the financial situation, examining all accounts, daily and weekly operating controls and dealer composite figures and franchise/industry KPI’s, taking corrective measures and actions as deemed necessary.
- Take steps to increase market penetration, in order to achieve budget.
- Regular liaison with Manufacturer to discuss franchise performance and objectives.
- Take actions to sustain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction, service and retention through processes, facility enhancements and training/development of staff.
- Focusing on customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify and taking the necessary action to resolve these complaints by responding promptly to complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution.
- Maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives.
- Carry out monthly minuted management meetings including review and actions from the management accounts.
- Ensure cost effective stock turn ratios.
- Review monthly aged debt reports to ensure Company policy on collection and provision for aged debt is applied.
- Establish and agree site managerial and departmental staff requirements.
- Ensure training needs are met efficiently and are in line with operational and block exemption requirements.
- Lead and motivate a senior management team, taking steps to create a professional and customer focussed environment.
- Ensure Company HR policies are followed correctly.
- Ensure marketing campaigns, advertising and promotional activities are implemented, network and explore new retail opportunities driving business into the site.
- Ensure that all standards and processes are adhered to in line with franchise contract arrangements.
- Ensure that the site complies with relevant legislation on H&S, consumer law, trade descriptions, FSA Regulations for insurance etc.
You will be expected to drive enquiries into the business with innovative marketing activity and networking to stimulate retail and workshop activity. In addition you will deliver the Sandown experience through the overall management of the site whilst exceeding customer expectations at all times and ensuring that all standards and processes are adhered to in line with franchise contract arrangements.
The successful candidate will have significant relevant retail motor experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in a challenging and fast paced sales environment at a senior level. Candidates will need to have outstanding drive, ambition, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills and be immaculately attired. Applicants will preferably be educated to degree level or equivalent or hold a Management / Leaders in Business Qualification with a main manufacturer. A full Driving Licence is essential as travel between sites will be required.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.