An experienced USED CAR BUYER is required to join a Devon and Cornwall main dealer group.
For your application to be progressed, you will need to have a background in used car purchasing, disposal, stock and costings control.
Activities will include: –
- Stock acquisition (of both franchise represented brands and non -franchise premium used cars).
- Understanding market values and purchasing at competitive stand-in-values.
- Disposal of stock through trade / auction outlets, maximising profitability.
- Attending off-site physical auctions and virtually attending online ones.
- Networking to build relationships with potential used car suppliers, and purchase opportunities within the private market.
- Working closely with the Sales Management team to control preparation costs, stock age and profile.
- Handling underwrites for the dealership sales teams during the live sales process.
Whilst basing yourself predominantly at the business’s Plymouth site, you will spend time off-site nurturing opportunities and attending the used specialist site in West Cornwall.
The Directors will look for applicants to demonstrate a clear, up-to-date knowledge of the used car market from a trade acquisition perspective, making this role well suited to previous Used Car Sales Managers, Controllers or Buyers.
Working hours are an alternating 5 days across a Monday – Saturday week.
The opportunity exists to join a very long-established business who represent 2 well-known brands and enjoy a first-class reputation.