Halliwell Jones is a family business, immensely proud of operating the BMW & MINI franchise in the North West of England and North Wales. Commencing with our first centre at Southport in 1987 Halliwell Jones has, over the years, grown from an initial staff of 15 to now well in excess of 500, with additional centres located at Chester, Warrington, The Wirral, Llandudno in North Wales and Wilmslow.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business at our Southport Centre
The main objectives of the post will be:
- To create, co-ordinate and implement, through subordinate managers and staff, plans and operating policies to achieve all business objectives for the centre as a whole and each profit centre within it.
- To establish and develop the centre organisation and control systems to ensure the efficient operation of each department, consistent with its present and future objectives.
- To direct the activities of each department manager to ensure they and their staff are continually contributing to the objectives of the business.
- To monitor all competitive threats and opportunities to the business to ensure the long term profitability of the company and protection of the franchise.
Reporting to the Group Sales Director, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria for the position:
- Proven leadership experience within the motor industry as a Head of Business or General Manager.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear and full working knowledge of management accounts including all relevant KPI’s with a strong knowledge of asset control.
- Managing stocks and assets and finance performance on daily, weekly and monthly basis, and also work to encourage strong manufacturer relationships and help increase sales through promotional activities.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership and motivation skills.
- Able to drive the performance levels of the management team through coaching and performance management.
- Experience of maximising sales while delivering full customer satisfaction with a 'hands on' approach, engaging with the team to deliver great results.
- Good judgement and ability to act with discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of customer and staff care.
- Willingness to learn and development and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information.
- Flexible in relation to working location, which will be situated within a 30 mile radius of Warrington HQ.
- Thorough knowledge of computer applications (MS Office, Kerridge)
This is an incredible opportunity to join a family business which offers both a competitive salary along with a great brand and company culture. If you have the knowledge and experience and you’re looking for your next career move, then we’d love to hear from you.