Marshall Motor Group have been named as the highest ranking automotive company in the Great Place to Work® for 2019.
We are seeking an experienced leader from the commercial vehicle sector to join Marshall Motor Group as Head of Truck & Van and lead operations across our 5 Mercedes-Benz Truck & Van sites. Reporting to the Franchise Director, this role will be responsible for financial performance, customer satisfaction and the OEM relationship for our Mercedes Benz Truck & Van division. The Head of Truck and Van role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and has the flexibility to be field based with regular travel to the South Coast.
What are the key accountabilities?
As a Head of Truck & Van, you will have overall accountability for people and financial performance for our network of Mercedes-Benz Truck & Van sites. With support from your Franchise Director and corporate support functions, you will:
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of Branch Managers, ensuring the division is adequately resourced
- Drive a high performance culture, ensuring performance is rewarded and underperformance is managed
- Set financial and growth objectives for the division, and plan accordingly to ensure profit and product targets are met
- Accurately complete divisional reporting, in line with group reporting frameworks
- Develop and roll out a divisional marketing and publicity strategy to support objectives
- Support the division to consistently achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure divisional activities are conducted in line with Marshall Motor Group, manufacturer and regulatory requirements
Do I need experience?
Given the nature of our Mercedes-Benz Truck & Van network, it is essential that you have strong commercial vehicle experience across both truck and van at a senior management level. Manufacturer experience with Mercedes-Benz would be beneficial, but isn’t essential to the success of this role. In addition to your previous experience, we are seeking individual who display the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a large and diverse team
- A professional and calm approach with strong stakeholder management skills to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to foresee potential barriers
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Company vehicle provided
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicle purchases, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- £600 colleague referral bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.