A leading Vehicle Manufacturer is seeking a parts expert to develop a new national multi-marque parts programme developing parts hubs across the UK. This role would suit a highly commercial, parts business development specialist with experience in a B2B field sales role working for or with a major UK parts distributor.
You will work within the manufacturer’s parts & service department focused on developing business in the Independent Aftermarket Parts sector in the UK. The task will be to establish this new business at Distributor level. The role also requires building co-operation with the wider Parts & Service team, taking joint responsibility with the Area Parts Managers for the sales and margins of the Distributors.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Analysing distributors and defining the sales potential of each.
- Negotiating with distributors to implement the product & services programme.
- Training and development of teams on the product.
- Building and sharing stock recommendations with distributors
- Supporting distributors in ramp-up, post-launch and serial life phases of the programmes
- Defining relevant action plans to reach objectives with teams and distributors, helping define annual sales targets with distributors.
- Reviewing and analysing sales/margin/volume KPIs of the distributors in the different market segments.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working with or for a parts distributor
- Experience working in a field-based sales/business development role in the parts industry
- Strong negotiation, presentation and selling skills.
- Highly commercial with strong analytical skills.
- Experience of cross-functional working.
- Good working knowledge of the UK parts market and aftermarket
- Working knowledge of supply chain and logistics management.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment. Ref: GB54
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.