Our client is a vehicle leasing organisation with a specialist customer base. They are now seeking an Account Manager to work with an assigned group of Automotive Manufacturers. The role is based in London but will involve travel in the UK.
This role would suit an ambitious individual currently working for either an automotive manufacturer or a leasing company. You will may have experience in a head office or field based role. You will need to demonstrate excellent business and negotiation skills and have a progressive career history.
Purpose of role
To coordinate all aspects of the relationship between the company and an appointed group of vehicle manufacturers through the development of effective working relations with contacts at all levels within their organisation. To ensure that vehicle manufacturers have a good understanding of the business opportunity that the company represents and are provided with a strong business case to supply a wide choice of vehicles for customers to choose from at the best possible prices.
- Work with Pricing and Analysis teams to produce quarterly pricing proposals for each of your vehicle manufacturers.
- Account Management. You will represent the company to your vehicle manufacturers at all points where the business model overlaps, e.g. pricing negotiations, marketing, vehicle remarketing, dealer management, finance.
- Customer satisfaction. You will work with vehicle manufacturers and internal departments to provide resolutions to customer satisfaction issues
- Vehicle Choice. You will work with your vehicle manufacturers to ensure that customers can choose from a wide range of cars and that new to market cars are available for customers.
- New vehicle manufacturers. You will work with identified manufacturers to secure their participation in the Scheme including co-ordination of dealer sign up and pricing.
- Provide market intelligence and forecasting for the manufacturers.
Experience and qualifications
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of the UK automotive industry, in particular knowledge of car manufacturers and fleet/contract hire organisations
- Be currently working for either a car manufacturer or leasing company
- Negotiation skills with direct experience of large volume supply negotiations
- Understanding of, customer requirements and manufacturer issues.
- Ability to work with suppliers and colleagues to develop practical solutions for customers
- Live within commutable distance of London
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.