An exciting opportunity to contribute to our award winning business
BMW (UK) Ltd is the sales, marketing and aftersales division of the BMW Group in the UK. The business, which is mainly based in Farnborough, is responsible for the distribution and sale of BMW Group products (BMW, MINI, Motorcycles and parts) primarily through its independent BMW Retail network.
The BMW Group business is growing quickly and you will play a pivotal part in our continued success by assuming responsibility for the management, analysis and reporting of the Retailer financial data that is provided to BMW and MINI UK as part of the monthly reporting Inter Firm Comparison (IFC) submission. You will support the development and maintenance of a long range planning framework that delivers a profitable Retailer network for BMW and MINI Car Sales and Aftersales.
- Deliver the monthly IFC reporting, ensuring that all Retailers have accurately reported their trading performance to the strict reporting deadlines. Manage the IFC provider on all aspects of service level, IFC change requirements, data verification and analysis review
- Explain, interpret, consolidate and simplify complex financial data to support BMW (UK) decision making; both strategic and short term
- Identify and report upon trends and anomalies within the Retailer financial data at both a micro (individual dealer) and a macro (group/region/network) basis
- Make recommendations for areas of improvement based upon comparison of data across different businesses and support this with relevant analysis
- Manage the quarterly Retailer Network profit forecast; liaising with key internal members to plan trading patterns of all areas of a Retailer. This is to provide the Executive and BMW Group with an accurate forecast of performance as well as highlight any risks to meeting the agreed annual Return on Sales benchmark with BMW Group
- Act as the “Champion” for all IFC issues / questions and to drive process and system clarification and simplification; promote and develop best practice sharing including the hosting and delivering of regular off-site events for Retailer Accountants
- Build and maintain effective working and influencing relationships throughout the business
- Extensive experience of data management reporting, ideally gained within a motor manufacturer or in the retail motor industry; relevant financial qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) and an exceptional level of commercial awareness. An understanding of the BMW and MINI retail environment would be preferable.
- Able to understand and explain the drivers of financial performance and contribute to commercial decision making
- Strong analytical skills: able to question complex information to identify cause and effect and deliver attractive solutions
- Flexible in approach and adaptable to changing situations
- Effective communicator and relationship builder with the ability to deliver commercial and operational messages and influence stakeholders drawn from a wide audience, including financial experts and individuals up to and including Board level
As a part of the BMW Group, a career with BMW (UK) Ltd can offer long term opportunities for growth and development locally, nationally and internationally. The BMW Group invests in its employees and boasts a positive and supportive culture and working environment. We have recently moved into new prestigious offices in Farnborough that provide a great place to work with good people and exciting, engaging and industry leading brands.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.