Our client is an iconic automotive vehicle manufacturer who are currently enjoying exciting growth plans for the future in the UK and Internationally. They have ambitious plans and have a number of exciting new products in the pipeline. They are currently seeking a new Parts & Accessories Commercial Manager who will be instrumental in developing and growing the Aftermarket Parts Business within the dealer network for current and new products.
To drive changes and improvements throughout the business at all levels to ensure continual improvement of the products and customer satisfaction. To have a persuasive influence on Parts and Accessory sales and the first and influential point of contact for Parts Wholesalers and the Service Dealer Network. To control costs and profitability of the Aftersales Parts Business through personal effectiveness. You will have direct involvement and influence with customers, the Dealer network, Local Authorities, Accident Investigators, Police and Government bodies.
- Responsible for aftermarket supply of parts and accessories for new product (passenger and LCV vehicles) in association with the supply chain team and Aftersales partners
- Responsible for the Parts and Accessories business volume and Revenue Planning
- Delivery of a rolling five-year business plan in twelve month increments
- Responsible for the development and introduction of new product lines e.g. Dealer fit accessories.
- Development of the Parts and Accessories business models through a variety of routes to market (dealers, fleets, national LCV accounts)
- Assist with the organisation of Dealer standards assessment programme. Carry out assessments from time to time and collate information. Liaise with dealership personnel and assist them with implementing an action plan to achieve the required standards
- Fully support dealer training for Aftersales Parts personnel and to assist with the organisation of dealer meetings from time to time
- Monitor revise as necessary, dealer ISO requirement and minimum stock requirements
- Monitor, and revise as necessary, all parts returns procedures to achieve a holistic, cost effective system
- Any duties commensurate with qualifications and experience that may be required from time to time
- University educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Further education qualifications in NVQ in Motor Studies are desirable as well as the Institute of Motor Industry
- Must be a good communicator and able to build sustainable relationships internally and externally with multi-disciplinary teams i.e. Dealership personnel from Dealer Principal, Parts Managers and Customer Relationship Executives, Local Authorities, Customer and Technical support team, Network Development team, Engineering, Quality, Warranty, Quality Management Process, Manufacturing and Suppliers
- Can persuade, negotiate and challenge and influence others
- Have excellent problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Self-motivated, results orientated and team player
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to work to deadlines
- Must have good general computing skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment. Ref: GB22
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.