The Henry Ford Academy (HFA) is responsible for developing knowledge and skills across the Ford branded network and supporting Ford's foundation for success - Great Products, Strong Business, Better World; and aims to be the center of excellence for auto retail and technical education. They promote careers in the automotive industry and incorporate practices from other sectors to help their retailers and authorized repairers deliver excellence for Ford customers.
Working for Percepta on behalf of Ford Motor Company , the post holder will be highly creative and engaging with excellent leadership and business acumen & management skills.
The Principal leads the Henry Ford Academy, acting as a champion of learning, skills & career development across the Ford branded network. We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and strategic business leader.
The post holder has overall responsibility for the Academy business, ensuring that the Ford in-market, regional and global strategies are translated to learning services to the dealer body and to other parties as required, including internal Ford and agency employees. They are also responsible for the development and delivery of the current and future strategy as agreed with the Ford senior management team, as well as commercial performance, quality, supplier management and Academy services.
The role engages with customers, suppliers industry bodies and partners to drive innovation and improve performance, implementing tools and practices that are designed to measure the impact of services on Ford’s wider commercial performance. They are also the ‘creative service lead’ and are expected to develop, design and champion projects and new methodology that creates a ‘centre of excellence’ in training & education for Ford and the wider industry. Additionally, they act as a representative of Ford on matters relating to education, skills and attracting future talent, including liaison with partners, industry bodies, schools, colleges and sector councils.
Heading up and working closely with the Academy leadership team, the Principal must source and develop a staff base to meet the skills and experience requirements of the future service of the Academy.
As Percepta SBU Lead, the post holder is responsible for Percepta’s performance in leading the Academy and for learning & development across the region. Reporting to the Managing Director, they join other SBU Leads and Directors in the leadership of Percepta EAPAC region.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellence in the skills required as detailed below:
- Extensive management and commercial experience with previous experience managing a budget and strong business acumen
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Professional qualification in training operations or business management
- Experience gained in a Senior role in a business school or related sector (commercial enterprise), commercial training service
- Demonstrable experience in learning & training
- Clear understanding of the retail automotive sector and other similar sectors
- Budget planning, commercial management, contract negotiation and management
- Experience of learning technologies and systems
- Experience of building strong relationships and influencing senior executives / managers on commercial basis
- Excellent leadership experience managing a multi-function team
- Strong IT skills
- Creativity & problem solving skills
- Training design, delivery and evaluation skills
- Highly developed communication & relationship building skills
- Creativity and continuous Improvement ethos
- Digital & Future media understanding
- Excellent strategic Account Management skills
- Ability and knowledge how to delight the customer
What We Offer
- 34 days holiday per annum (including statutory bank holidays)
- 10% Performance Related Bonus & Car allowance
- BUPA healthcare and worldwide family travel insurance, contributory pension scheme & Life assurance
Percepta offers a fast paced, exciting environment where all of our leaders and employees work to promote the company’s core values. Our leadership team is focused on promoting effective teamwork and open communication and always treats people with dignity and respect. Percepta’s leaders also help drive the core value to execute with commitment, speed and quality, an essential value which drives our clients’ continual satisfaction with Percepta’s services.
Does Percepta sound like the place for you? To apply for this role please send you CV and covering letter including your current salary package details to: [email protected]