Santander Consumer (UK) plc (SCUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Santander UK, one of the UK’s primary banks and part of Group Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world. As a company in its own right SCUK was founded in 2005. It operates within the market under the SCUK brand as well as through a number of white-label and joint venture companies, providing funding solutions for both Motor Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Proposition and based at the SCUK head office in Redhill, the purpose of this role is to manage, review and enhance the existing portfolio of SCUK Finance and Insurance products as well as lead the delivery of new Product and Services in line with the organisation’s Commercial strategy.
- Under the direction of line management, support in developing and documenting the short, medium and long term product portfolio strategy for SCUK in order to help deliver on the organisations business strategy and objectives.
- Develop an annual activity plan outlining timings and high-level deliverables based on the strategic goals established for the role and the deliver the agreed plan in line with the prescribed budget through on-going review and monitoring of costs.
- Establish a sound working relationship within the SCUK Marketing department, with other SCUK business functions, and with OEM partners, Dealer partners and 3rd party suppliers as appropriate.
- Within the product development framework established by the organisation, work with line management to develop products and services that deliver good customer outcomes whilst also optimising sales volume and profitability.
- Review existing products and services, and support the development of new products and services in line with the organisation’s governance structure and through the ongoing monitoring those products and services ensure they perform as expected.
- Utilise appropriate insight (industry, business, customer and technological etc.), to drive the continual improvement of products and services, and look for ways in which to differentiate the SCUK business offering in order to generate added value to the organisation’s Customers, OEM partners and Dealers.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and processes with regards personal conduct and the mitigating of material risk, and ensure the way products are developed are aligned to the overall business values of Simple, Fair and Personal and a wider culture of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Ensure any product and service enhancements or developments are in line with the regulators principles of business’ and are focussed on delivering good customer outcomes.
- Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
- Planning - Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans as well as detailed project/programme level plans.
- Communication - Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
- Teamwork - Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management - Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Influencing and negotiating skills - Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
- Has worked within motor related financial services in a previous capacity and has a full and detailed working knowledge of the products commonly offered in the marketplace
- Displays sound commercial acumen, with experience of being able to quickly understand the drivers of profitability in a business
- Has end-to-end product development experience that encompasses all phases of the delivery cycle from research through development to launch
- Has worked in an organisation where multiple stakeholder management was common or where exposure to an international as well as domestic business operation existed
- An appreciation of the marketing mix, the importance of product and promotion and the differences that the B2B, B2C and B2B2C channels present
- Is able to produce sound working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations
- Has an appreciation of legal, regulatory and compliance issues and is familiar with the principles encapsulated within the FCA’s ‘treating customer fairly’ code of conduct
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, have excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with Board-level management.
Has the appropriate level of tertiary education and or other business related qualifications.
- The position may require international as well as domestic travel from time to time.
- The jobholder must possess a full driving license.
- Salary package circa £50,000. (Basic £40,000-£45,000 per annum plus the ability to earn a bonus of up to 20%).
- Company pension scheme.
- Access to Employee Car Scheme (Hyundai)
- Private health care