Receptionist – Part Time
Salary: £9,500 - £10,000
Are you an experienced and successful Receptionist looking for a new challenge?
Gordon Lamb Ltd was the first company to start a Volkswagen retail dealership in the UK. The company now have five dealerships across the East Midlands representing Nissan, Land Rover, Toyota and Skoda and also operate three additional franchised service centres representing Jaguar and Renault. They employ over 200 local people with an annual turnover in excess of £80 million and sell 5000 cars and vans a year in addition to servicing around 20,000 vehicles.
The main purpose of the role is to operate a very busy switchboard taking over 50,000 calls a year from our customers. The role also involves greeting customers for our Skoda and Nissan showrooms as well as announcing visitors for our management team.
The hours of work are Thursday and Friday (8.00am – 6.00pm) and alternate weekends (Saturdays 8.30am to 5.30pm and Sundays 11.00am – 4.00pm) with 30 minutes for lunch.
We are looking for a professional individual, who will be able to deliver exceptional customer service and contribute to the smooth and effective operation of the dealership. We are seeking a highly articulate, motivated individual, who will be able to provide our customers with the highest standard of customer care
You should have a great telephone manner, an engaging personality, absolute professionalism, excellent attention to detail and. You should also be able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with workload peaks. You will also be confident in your IT skills. Reception and/or switchboard experience would be a distinct advantage.
You will be working in a high quality, modern environment with a friendly, experienced team. You will be a valued member of both our dealerships teams as well as being our customers’ first point of contact.
Receptionist key responsibilities:
- Greeting all customers promptly and warmly upon entering the business
- Directing customers to the required department and individual team member as promptly as possible
- Ensuring all customer facing areas of the business are clean and tidy
- Capturing customer details if appropriate and ensure timely follow up
- Providing regular updates for customers waiting for a specific team member and offering alternatives if available
- Displaying professional and brand awareness through both face to face and voice channels
- Ensuring prompt and professional answering of all telephone calls with an accurate transfer to other departments
A generous, basic package is on offer of £9,500 - £10,000. This is a Part time role and will include alternate weekends. Training and Corporate uniform will also be provided.
This is a great opportunity to excel and further your career with a well-established, family owned business.
If this looks like the ideal role for you, and your skill sets match the criteria above then please click APPLY!