Regional Delivery Manager
c£55k + Car
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive. co . uk or join us on twitter at twitter . com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is seeking an exceptional Delivery Manager to run a large-scale delivery network across 6 depots covering from the Midlands up to Scotland and to drive their newly expanded venture forwards.
You will have 6 direct reports, Depot Managers in Scotland, Belfast, Leeds, Sunderland, St Helens and Walsall.
This is an exciting project to be part of and inevitably you will relish the challenge of implementing new processes and controls at a regional level, enhancing the activity of an already busy UK delivery network.
The role of Delivery Manager:
* Provision of labour in line with anticipated demand, investigating variances between planned and actual performance
* Delivering to budget
* Manage the accuracy and timelines of despatches to the customer
* Manage the team’s provision of resource to manage trunking schedules
* Manage your teams Day to day management of the home delivery drivers and associated Shunt operatives and trunk drivers
* Ensure staff are engaged in the OFGL business and create a culture of continuous improvement across the site teams
* Oversee Compliance with Health & Safety legislation
* Implement change programmes devised by and in conjunction with the logistics planning team
* Audit Site maintenance and security for the sites
* Be a role model and an advocate for own actions and behaviours and challenge and hold others to account in relation to embedding and demonstrating OFL’s Customer First Principles and values.
Ideal candidate for Delivery Manager
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to be a credible, authentic, influential, and effective Leader in a fast paced and challenging environment, and able to engage with all levels.
* Confident and comfortable at problem solving and finding viable solutions through researching evidence based best practice and offering constructive challenge to existing process and practice.
* Commitment to maintain highest professional standards appropriate to the responsibilities of holding a senior role within OFL.
* Is an advocate for working collaboratively and collectively in pursuit of joint goals across multiple functions, bringing teams together at the right time to guarantee successful outcomes.
* Has the courage to challenge the status Quo and decisions that pursue short-term or personal goals at the expense of the overall business performance, and to act in the company’s interest rather than any one person’s interest.
* Highly analytical, commercial, numerical and action focused.
* A brilliant, dexterous, and highly skilled communicator - in all forms and channels
* Comfortable with change, ambiguity, and able to prioritise conflicting and competing demands in complex areas.
Apply now for immediate consideration
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.