Background: Santander Consumer Finance is a leading consumer finance company operating in 13 European countries. We are part of Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world and our success is down to our people. We recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
Job Purpose: Reporting into the Head of Broker & Leasing, the key purpose of this role is to qualify and develop strong relationships with Dealers and Brokers to achieve business targets for Santander’s Contract Hire and Broker products. The successful candidate will ideally reside around the M62 Corridor.
1. General strategic
Under the guidance of line management and in line with the organisation’s key strategic priorities, develop and agree an annual business plan focussed on delivering a sustainable and profitable business relationship with all allocated dealers and brokers.
Based on the agreed annual business plan and strategic goals established for the role , develop a quarterly activity plan detailing call visit schedule and key focuses during these visits and record outcomes using the agreed activity management system.
3. Budgetary control
Deliver the annual Sales Plan in line with the prescribed volume and profit requirements through on-going review, development and monitoring with your line manager.
4. Stakeholder engagement
Establish a sound working relationship with all key stakeholders including allocated Dealers and Brokers.
5. People development
Working in conjunction with the Head of Broker & Leasing, identify, develop, plan, deliver and review coaching and training sessions with both Dealer and Broker staff in order to maximise performance and utilisation of Santander’s Contract Hire and Broker offerings.
6. Business development
Working in conjunction with line management, develop a clear strategy to maximise support to SCUK by increasing usage and volume of SCUK’s Contract Hire and Broker offerings.
7. Competitor Activity
Provide regular feedback on competitor activity to assist in the development of new campaigns and strategies.
8. Customer retention
Over time, maximise customer renewals by ensuring timely and comprehensive dealer activity and accurate feedback in line with the organisations overall renewals program and, in conjunction with SCUK Marketing division, develop bespoke tactical offers as appropriate.
Ensure all activity, including data usage, advertising and communication content, are compliant from a legal, regulatory and business perspective.
Provide an oversight and audit regime of designated Dealers and Brokers.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans as well as detailed project/programme level plans.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes within their appointed region, factoring in travel time and the required logistics.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Performance will be measured by:-
- Amount of incremental/new Funded Business derived from Brokers (All products)
- Demonstration of effective commercial relationships being put in place with all dealer/customer contacts
- Qualification and introduction of new Brokers to SCUK will also be measured.
- Provide oversight and audit of designated Brokers.
- Achieve specific call coverage through effective Diary, Journey and Ad Hoc activity as required.
Given the scope of this position it is desired that the job holder has the following experience:
- Has worked within the Contract Hire & Leasing industry and has experience of the SME (Small, Medium Enterprises) sector for a minimum of 3 years
- Excellent and proven track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets & account management.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence both internally and externally at all levels.
- Has an appreciation of legal, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the use of customer data and is familiar with the principles encapsulated within ‘treating customer fairly’ code of conduct.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, have excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with Board-level management.
- Has the appropriate level of tertiary education or professional related qualifications.
- The jobholder must possess a full driving licence.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
- Please note that individual applications will not be acknowledged unless it is to be progressed to the shortlist.
- Basic Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Company car
- Company pension scheme