Our client, a well-established passenger and commercial vehicle manufacturer are experiencing strong growth with the launch of a number of new products. There is now a requirement to recruit a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for managing a team of Area Sales Managers (who manage dealers/dealer groups in Southern England).
You will be heading an existing, dynamic, customer focused area management team to manage relationships with key dealers and groups to achieve volume and financial objectives. The company has an ambitious growth plan and exciting range of models to see that this growth continues in the coming months and years. The company values innovation and creativity and is looking for a management professional who can bring a fresh approach to the team. You will need a proven track record in automotive sales management. To effectively support to the network, you will need strong commercial management skills and experience of managing financial performance data as well as operational processes.
- To be the primary interface between Head Office, dealer network and the regional sales field team.
- Responsible for the dealer sales planning/ targets.
- With input from National Sales Manager- to set monthly and quarterly volume objectives.
- Work closely with the key dealer groups, maintaining relationships via reviews.
- To have overall responsibility for achievement of regional sales volumes.
- Manage, motivate and set commercial objectives with the sales team.
- Submit the weekly sales forecast to the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in managing people, (closely and remotely).
- Sales & marketing planning skills.
- Detailed reporting ability.
- Commercially aware with a strong volume and profit focus.
- Self-motivated with drive to achieve team and personal targets.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Computer Literate: Conversant with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Richard Piper at Copeland Automotive Recruitment.
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.