Our client is a leading automotive manufacturer with a very strong focus on providing excellent customer service. They support and develop their employees to be the best that they can be, offering competitive salaries and the chance to be part of one of a world recognised brand. They are currently recruiting for a Repair Support Specialist to work within their Product Quality Support department.
This role is key to improving the way that they support customers and their dealer network in all areas of technical support. The role provides the exciting opportunity to influence product and process improvements – meeting customers’ needs. The job holder will be ideally placed to influence key quality decisions and will gain valuable experience interfacing with customers, dealers, senior management, regional field teams and their global head office.
The role involves taking overall responsibility for the proactive management and resolution of all technical issues escalated from the “first tier” technical team. The role also encompasses the monitoring and direct reporting of issues to bring about process and product improvements, which ultimately enhance the customer’s ownership and brand experience.
- Management of own caseload of escalated technical cases, to progress and resolve in line with department KPI’s and customer expectations.
- Lead and proactively manage cases, including conducting on-site repair support, coaching technicians, liaising with top dealer management, collecting customer data and highlighting priority issues with European Head office.
- Monitor, collect and challenge issue progression through the appropriate channels
- Support Service Regional Technical Office cases as required
- Ongoing reporting of Field Technical Reports to support early detection function and preparation of presentations to Chief Engineers / top management etc.
- Prepare and present go and study reports
- Conduct regular quality control activities on the press vehicle fleet
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally experience in an automotive head office function, providing a high level of technical support
- City and Guilds technical qualifications (minimum 3905 Level 3 or equivalent)
- Excellent customer handling skills
- Deep understanding of vehicle problem diagnosis and resolution processes.
- Deep understanding of motor vehicle engineering and automotive electrical systems.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills - Excel, Word, Access etc
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.