A highly successful automotive manufacturer is seeking a field based Retail Marketing Consultant to join their team – initially on a 6 month contract. The role is field based and will cover North East and Scotland. You will be the main contact point between the dealer network and the manufacturer’s marketing department. You will be employed by their marketing agency. You will work with the dealers in your region advising them on all aspects of their local marketing and visiting each dealer on a regular basis.
- Managing the manufacturer’s local marketing programme in a designated regional area
- Communicating the benefits of the manufacturer’s Marketing Programme to dealers
- Preparing the marketing activity (new car, used car and aftersales) that drives showroom and workshop traffic
- Preparing communications plans, based on agreed objectives, and making media recommendations
- Agreeing retailer budgets within the guidelines set by the manufacturer
- Monitoring retailer budgets and making monthly adjustments where agreed
- Making retailers aware of the work available to support manufacturers quarterly tactical campaigns
- Communicating new model launch plans and ideas
- Taking briefs from retailers where bespoke work is required to support their own initiatives
- Providing feedback on local trading conditions and retailer observations to help shape future communications
- Sharing with retailers the success achieved with campaigns in other areas
- Advising retailers on corporate identity standards
- Making retailers aware of promotional point-of-sale if not currently on display in showrooms
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong understanding of automotive retail marketing functions – across the marketing mix
- Ideally you will have worked within an automotive retail marketing role either in a dealership, marketing agency or manufacturer
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Be highly organised with excellent administrative skills and be IT literate.
- Be able to take on a field based role which will involve working on your own initiative and covering long distances.
- Live within the region (North East and Scotland)
- Happy to take on a 6 month contract role
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.