Marshall Motor Group have been named as the highest ranking automotive company in the Great Place to Work® for 2019.
We are seeking a Sales Executive to join Marshall’s Audi dealership in Exeter and assist in providing a high quality service for our customers. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Sales Manager, this role offers you the opportunity to put your sales expertise to use in a busy customer-facing environment with an uncapped commission, along with a company car and on-site training opportunities.
What does a Sales Executive Do?
Our Sales Executives work in one of our 100+ dealerships representing both Marshall and one of our 23 vehicle brands. Working as part of a sales team, you’ll be responsible for handling face to face, phone and email queries and converting these to vehicle, finance and insurance sales. You will manage the end-to-end customer experience, ensuring options are tailored to customer needs and lifestyle. Day to day, you will:
- Respond to queries from new and existing customers relating to new and used vehicle sales
- Guide customers through their purchase, providing outstanding customer service as the face of both Marshall and the vehicle brand
- Meet individual sales targets by maximising upsell and cross-sell opportunities on finance and insurance products and optional extras
- Assist in ensuring a steady flow of enquiries from multiple channels through prospecting and marketing
- Maintain a specialist knowledge of manufacturer vehicles and options, participating in regular knowledge updates
- Manage the vehicle handover process, ensuring compliance with process
- Adhere to Marshall and industry regulations relating to the sale of vehicles, finance and insurance
Do I need experience?
Whilst we always welcome applications from experienced Sales Executives, we also love to hear from individuals looking to enter the automotive industry. We believe in our leadership and training, allowing us to recruit for attitude and train for skill. The key attributes we look for are:
- Influencing skills with the ability and confidence to convert enquiries to sales
- Excellent customer management skills to build long lasting relationships
- Professionalism, with a commitment to adhering to process and procedure
- Individuals who demonstrate the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Is training provided?
We invest in you from day one. Newly recruited Sales Executives attend a week long course at our world class Marshall Academy whether they have previous car sales experience or are brand new to the industry. This course provides an insight to the psychology of sales and sets you up to succeed. Sales Executives also complete manufacturer training to ensure their knowledge of products and options is kept up to date.
How can I progress my career?
With 4,000 colleagues across 100+ dealerships, opportunities for progression frequently arise. In fact, many of our leaders entered Marshall as Sales colleagues and have developed in their career while remaining in the business. Ambitious performers from across our business can apply to join our Future Leaders Programme to help you develop the skills for your next career step.
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Company vehicle provided
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicle purchases, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- £600 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Matched pension contributions
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.