Sandown is a privately owned Mercedes-Benz group operating across six sites. The group is responsible for two of Mercedes-Benz UK’s market areas and employs approximately 400 people. Sandown is focused on being innovative and dynamic and is committed to delivering an exceptional experience to its Mercedes Benz customers.
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the Sandown Group in this challenging management role. Reporting to the Dealer Principal, the key responsibilities for this role will be to maximise sales and profit opportunities through the delivery of the sales strategy.
Responsible for the Sales Team the successful candidate will need to ensure that the site achieves maximum profit margins within the annual budget. In order to do this you will have to continually review the financial situation, examining all accounts, daily and weekly taking corrective measures and actions as deemed necessary.
A key part of the role will be to take actions to sustain and enhance levels of sales customer satisfaction, and retention through processes and training/development of staff. In addition respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution. Additional duties include :
- Maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives.
- Ensure at all times Company risk is minimised.
- Minimise vehicle stock holding costs and interest charges.
- Ensure cost effective stock turn ratios.
- Achieve manufactures challenging new and used car targets.
- Review monthly vehicle debtors to ensure company policy on vehicle debts is applied.
- Establish and agree departmental staff requirements.
- Ensure sales training needs are met efficiently and are in line with operational and block exemption requirements.
- Lead and motivate a sales team, taking steps to create a professional and customer focussed environment.
- Ensure Company HR policies are followed correctly.
- Ensure that area of responsibility complies with relevant legislation on consumer law, trade descriptions, FSA Regulations for insurance etc.
The successful candidate will have significant relevant retail motor experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in a challenging and fast paced automotive sales environment at Sales Manager level. Candidates will need to have outstanding drive, ambition, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills and be immaculately attired. A full Driving Licence is essential as travel between sites will be required.
OTE C£70K, Company Car, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Staff Discount and Staff Purchase Scheme.