The Eastern Western Motor Group, Scotland’s leading, prestige, independent motor retailer is currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Manager for their purpose built, busy Lexus dealership in Glasgow.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the provision of the best service to customers whilst maintaining satisfactory profit contribution to the company, as per key indicators; organise, direct and control the activities of the Sales Department team to achieve plans and budgets.
· Establish and maintain a climate of total customer care.
· Create, agree and implement sales merchandising, advertising and promotion plans in consultation with Directors, General Manager, Marketing Department and Manufacturers.
· Ensure the efficient and timely operation of all administration systems and operating procedures
· Be familiar with the company’s standing orders and conditions of employment.
· To purchase used vehicles for retail sale within stock limits, in conjunction with GM
· To hold staff briefings on a regular basis and a written record kept in minute form
· Maintain control over expenses and overheads
· Liaise with GM on the preparation of the following year’s performance plans and monitor performance against plan on a monthly basis.
· Manage staff in relation to engagement, teamwork, job descriptions, rotas, appraisals, paperwork, training and health & safety
· Engagement/Dismissal of Staff within salaries budget, recommend engagement/dismissal to General Manager.
· Authorising of sales order invoices; ensuring invoicing procedures are followed and full payment is received prior to delivery unless agreement is received from a Director.
· To ensure that all stock is maintained to a high standard and is regularly inspected and recorded.
· Ensure prospecting and follow up system is fully operational in every respect.
· Responsible for Department Operating profit, car volume, vehicle debtors, vehicle stock limited, CSI, housekeeping, vehicle documentation
· Assistance with any other task as directed
Skills & Experience:
· Excellent communication skills
· Must have previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry
· Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
· Results orientated
· Financial Awareness
· Problem solving and decision making skills
· People Management
· Change orientation, strategic vision and continuous improvement
· Proactive / Creative
· Leads by example
· Committed to providing high quality work
· Ability to work to deadlines
· PC literate