At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus, delivering customer delight through our products and services. Ours is a friendly, collaborative and fast moving business where we work together to deliver great things and thrive in an environment which encourages innovation and supports personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager (New Cars) to manage the sales team at our fantastic site in Epsom, Surrey.
New Cars are an essential part of the Mercedes-Benz UK business, providing a first class offering to individuals looking to drive away one of our exceptional cars at a competitive price.
Your role as a Sales Manager is to drive excellence within your team sales to ensure we maximise profitability by meeting all of customers needs for finance, insurance and ancillary products.
With a highly competitive salary of £48,000 + up to £36,000 bonus, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the UKs number one premium automotive brand as we continue to grow each year.
If you are looking for an opportunity to drive sales of our fantastic products, in a great business offering market leading professional and personal development as well as a great working environment surrounded by great people, click apply now!
Key responsibilities in this fantastic role include:
- Run monthly Management meetings
- Ensure the vehicle range is displayed and presented professionally across the sites and that they maintain a good level of housekeeping
- Accountability for the Purchase Requisition sign off process
- Actioning invoice approvals
- Ensuring that Discount and Payments are controlled as stipulated by levels of authority
- Responsible for the timely management of HR Issues for misconduct
- People management activity such as HR Process for new starters, recruitment, induction, compliance, leavers, and return to Work
- Holding regular 121’s with Sales team
- Ensuring that the correct performance management standards are upheld and that robust annual appraisals are conducted
- Reviewing training gaps in conjunction with HR and managing training requests as needed
- Improving and maintaining levels of Customer satisfaction and retention through process, training and development of staff
- Ensuring customer complaints are resolved quickly and efficiently, minimising the risk of escalation
- Ensuring that within area of operation all regulations and standards with regards to FCA are adhered to
- Identifying areas of risk within area of responsibility and developing and maintaining effective controls to reduce risk of fraud occurring
- Ensuring all reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Working in conjunction with the Dealership Management team to deliver overall site/company objectives
- Efficient and timely management of the delivery and follow up process
- Delivery and management of Mercedes-Benz returns programme
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager with experience within the automotive industry position.
Other skills and experience required for this role include:
- Excellent people management skills
- Sales experience in an automotive environment (ideally new cars)
- Cost centre management
- Enthusiasm to deliver the Mercedes-Benz experience and continually improve product knowledge of self and others
- Desire to achieve the highest standard of personalised customer care commensurate with the Mercedes-Benz brand
- Flexible approach to work and people and adaptability to a changing workplace environment
- IT literacy
- Full driving licence
- Pass relevant CBT modules in respect of insurance, product knowledge and TCF
Aside from a highly competitive salary and commission structure, which rewards personal and business success, you will be able to drive your own Mercedes-Benz. You will also receive access to our excellent pension scheme as well as discounts on holidays, shopping, insurances and lots more.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10-minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying alongside an indication of your salary expectations. The Mercedes-Benz recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UK legislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we are only able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Managing your data
We care about your personal data. The General Data Protection Regulation provides you with more control and by submitting an application to us, we consider this to be an agreement to process your personal data in support of our recruitment and selection process. Your application data is held within our secure applicant tracking system called Taleo - you’ll be given access to a candidate zone in this system where you can monitor and manage your application and see status updates. We will communicate with you, by email or phone, throughout the recruitment process so that we can keep you updated and inform you of your progress through the recruitment process. You can also seek ‘job alerts’ once you are registered in Taleo and it’s possible your details may be returned in searches we conduct for new positions and we may contact you by email to let you know about them. We will retain your personal data for a maximum 6 months following the last change in your application status, after which time, your account would be deleted.