At Vantage we have built carefully on our recent success and are proud to operate twenty two centres across the North England and Midlands, representing Toyota, Lexus, Kia, Hyundai, Citroen, Honda, Skoda and most recently Mazda.
Our passion to provide the highest quality of service is key in everything we do and we now have a great opportunity for a dedicated and proven Sales Manager to join our team In Scarborough.
About the role
As the new Sales Manager you will work at our Toyota Centre in Scarborough
You will Lead and manage the dealership's sales activity to deliver profitability and customer satisfaction.
Ensures all members of the Sales team understand the implications of the Toyota Experience for their role and monitors their performance against agreed customer service targets e.g. CES and dealer’s own surveys.
Leads the Sales team by personally demonstrating and encouraging the skills and behaviours associated with the Toyota Experience and Toyota's Brand Values.
- Monitors individual and team performance against agreed sales targets (volume and profit), working with the GM and TGB field staff to review progress and develop action plans where appropriate
- Manages and motivates the Sales team to ensure that key activities (e.g. sales prospecting and follow up) are delivered to plan
- Manages the Sales Administration team to ensure that key processes and documentation are delivered to agreed standards and timescales
- Continuously reviews and improves sales processes and systems to deliver increased levels of customer satisfaction whilst maximising profitability
- Manages and develops individuals
- Works with colleagues across the dealership to investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Monitors staff training needs, ensuring training and development plans are in place and up to date for all members of the team
- Works with individuals to address performance issues e.g. by providing coaching
- Assesses potential recruits for the Sales team
- Decides the dealership’s display layout and vehicle mix for new/used cars in line with guidelines, ensuring the correct display of all point of sale materials
- Works with the Parts/Aftersales Manager to agree accessory displays for the dealership
- Works with Sales Executives to approve all part exchanges and purchases of used cars
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the dealership to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the most appropriate specialist
- Acts as a full member of the dealership’s management team to take the business forward
- Also manages own customer base and covers for Sales Executives as required
Successful candidates will
- Excellent record Vehicle sales volumes & margins
- Accessory and parts sales
- Customer satisfaction (CES & Mystery Shopper)
- Customer retention (e.g. new sales to existing customers)
- Ability to motivate staff
- Team working across the dealership (e.g. Service and Parts)
- Be an approachable and supportive manager
You must hold a full clean UK Driving Licence.
Salary and Benefits
- An excellent basic salary together with an excellent bonus £50,000 Total Package
- 28 days paid holiday per annum, inclusive of 8 statutory bank holidays
- Contributory Workplace pension scheme