About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
The PolkConnect solution uses key end customer and prospect data, sourced from DMS and OEM clients, as well as relevant market intelligence to provide insights to address end customer retention and loyalty. The solution supports our OEM and NSC clients to minimise end customer defections, to grow parts and services revenue, and to increase overall profitability for their respective dealer networks. PolkConnect helps our customers to manage key touch points during the vehicle ownership lifecycle as well as supplying our clients with critical market intelligence to evaluate where the strongest areas for growth potential exist and marketing communication tools to exploit it.
This experienced, senior business development position is responsible generating new business across Europe through prospect identification and conversion. A strong understanding of the motor industry both from and OEM, National Sales Company and dealer networks point of view is required to establish consultative credibility with existing clients and prospects. The solution is already proven in UK with existing clients but not currently adopted within any of the major European markets. A significant opportunity exists for the right candidate.
- New Business Development / Existing Account Management
- Consultative Selling
- Business Management
- Structured collation of market intelligence impacting adoption of Polk Connect solution in key European markets.
- Works closely with marketing and product teams, aligns with UK sales team and Polk Connect operational centre, positively influences European sales teams to leverage contact networks.
- Colleagues would typically have experience at this level with after sales emphasis
- OEM, NSC or agency background with experience in Aftersales CRM.
- Appreciation of car dealership operating models and technologies used.
- Industry experience or University degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in related field.
- Previous experience aligning software applications or similar technical products to customer applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and expand client relationships.
- Strong communication, customer service and presentation skills.
- Multi market cultural awareness essential.
- Background within or an appreciation of dynamics and commercial relationships typically present between national sales companies and their dealer networks.
- Strong driven business development professional
- Frequent travel to customer sites and/or trade shows
- Based in IHS office St. Albans / Home Office / Client Premises / Occasional European/global travel required
Industry leading compensation plan for the right candidate