Our client who is an iconic luxury sports car manufacturer, is currently recruiting for the following role:
Advanced technology Group & Control will be responsible to develop Mechatronics systems & Software. Manage the functional and technical delivery of all of the Dynamics Control systems, be able to measure objectively the Dynamics performance and deploy to the Control System requirement and the mechanical requirement. Manage the generation and maintenance of Active systems costs, timing plans, reporting documents and presentation material and create robust innovation plan
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Facilitate the creation and detailing of our technical supplier partnerships as they pertain to Active Systems in all forms & types. Create the Objective relationship between dynamics Attribute and Control System requirement
• Creation of Innovation Plan as a part of the department Strategic Component development plan and vision within his/her functional responsibility.
• Create a clear deployment process to project the Dynamics Performances for Active Systems and develop in house the control logic of the Active systems.
• Internal and external communication with regard to all aspects of engineering activities including technical presentation of engineering activities to Type Approving bodies and agencies.
• Definition of the all Chassis requirement associated to product definition/ specification, taking into account legal and internal targets, authoring final documentation and implementing requirements into design validation programs.
• Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organisation and product are met
• Manage the team responsible for all areas of Control systems and software development:
o Vehicle Control systems engineer specification.
o Electrical Architecture specification for Chassis dynamics
o Technical Expertise Vehicle dynamics and nonlinear controls (model predictive control)
- Estimation (Kalman filtering, pose estimation, probabilistic filtering)
- Robotic system integration and fault detection
o Coordinate the team the creation and management of all Objective data in support of the engineering and validation of all vehicle chassis systems.
o Complete Engineering reports required to support product release.
o Bill of Material and PLM data for all components and systems
• Liaising with Finance, Program & Chassis Chief Engineer: establish budgetary and forecast information for vehicle material costs and investment costs, maintaining its accuracy within company systems to allow other functions to disseminate and analyse implications.
• Work with the HR function to plan and develop the skills and capabilities of the team to deliver all core functions both now and in the future
Qualifications and Experience
• Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred. Degree in another appropriate discipline will be considered
• Extensive experience with Chassis Mechatronics Component
• Project management experience.
• Proven record or working to strict deadlines.
• Extensive experience working in a Component Engineering environment.
• Competent in all Microsoft office applications
• Excellent presentation skills with confidence to present to seniors and taking away actions.
• Excellent understanding of Chassis technologies and their function.
• Can manage and produce and maintain timing plans.
• Able to manage and grow team
• Confident to interface with many departments such as Finance, Programme Management, Attributes and Purchase
• Strong time management , accuracy , diligence , ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
Locartion: Various - Milton Keynes.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have either a UK or EU passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment agency
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.