We are seeking a brilliant writer/ editor to work in the Internal Communications team for a leading Automotive Manufacturer. The role will initially be employed as a 24 month fixed term contract but it is very likely to be extended. The role will be based at the manufacturer’s head office but will be employed via an agency.
This wonderful opportunity to work with a leading automotive manufacturer comes at an exciting time for the company with award winning new products and rapid growth. A bright and ambitious content editor and creator is needed to support a busy and dynamic team.
You will create both retailer (Dealer) and internal communications for the UK business. You are responsible for making it clear, effective and in line with the high standards set by the brands. You will be the copy contact for all of the different business functions within the UK head office.
Automotive experience, a passion for writing, editing and a close understanding of creating content on digital systems for online use are essential. As this role requires building good relationships with all levels of management, external agencies and the wider retail network; clear communication and presentation skills are compulsory.
- Support the UK Internal Communications Manager and agency with all copy outputs
- Support the Retailer Portal team with the on-going development of the platform for the UK market
- Write to an extremely high standard
- Write in a variety of styles – headlines, short fillers, teasers, longer features
- Create clear, practical, action-focused content for a variety of audiences
- Edit other people’s content applying consistent format and tone of voice
- Give clear, empathetic feedback on content created by others and build good relationships
- Adapt style to suit the required tone of voice
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A background in writing in the automotive sector, probably as a journalist, PR or account handler.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and interpersonal
- Copywriting skills, research and editing experience (for both print and digital media)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy with experience of content management systems an advantage
- An interest in new technology and digital communications
- Exceptional organisation, time and project management skills
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Nicola Hedges at Copeland Automotive Recruitment.
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles. Copeland operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.