An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful Service Manager to join our Vauxhall dealership in Darlington. You will be ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Service Department, be a natural people person who can build great relationships with customers, manufacturer partners and colleagues.
You will have the drive and determination to create and maintain a team that always delivers the best customer service and have previous experience of managing a Service Department in a franchised car dealership.
Team management and development
- Establish and agree individual targets for your team members to ensure everyone is aligned to their responsibilities and personal development.
- Ensure the service team attend all company and manufacturer training when it’s needed.
- Encourage, support and motivate the team, making it an enjoyable environment.
- Appraise & Coach the team to maximise their potential and the department’s success.
Customer management & communication
- Be involved directly with customers on a daily basis.
- Train and motivate staff to deliver the best possible service to make our customer’s happy.
- Resolve all customer complaints by following team procedures and regain customer satisfaction.
Department budget management
- Monitor the daily financial performance of the department and take corrective action when needed.
- Regularly review the department’s debt status.
- Control the invoicing procedure to ensure accuracy on all job costs.
- Regularly review all pricing policies including labour rates, fleet discounts, parts pricing/oil rates and competitor analysis and adapt where needed.
- Develop and operate advertising and promotional activities alongside the Service department marketing plan.
- Review the costs and effectiveness of marketing spend regularly for the department.
- Monitor workshop product and performance daily across the team and individually.
- Maintain appropriate staff levels to manage the department effectively including overtime and holiday to minimise department impact.
- Ensure the team follows the Ministry of Transport standards so MOTS are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Review and comply with the manufacturer’s standards.
Present at internal meetings, providing updates to Senior Management on the department performance, target results and future plans.
- Relevant experience in a leadership role
- Proven track record in Aftersales within the automotive sector
- Technical qualifications desirable.
- A clean, current driving licence
- Willingness to work additional hours as required
- Experience and skills to review financial, volume and operational objectives
If you’re an automotive professional looking for a role with realistic career progression and a competitive salary, within a business that promotes positive change and development this is the role for you. Please contact Simon MacConachie