An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful Service Manager to join our Vauxhall dealership in Darlington. You will be ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Service Department, be a natural people person who can build great relationships with customers, manufacturer partners and colleagues.
You will have the drive and determination to create and maintain a team that always delivers the best customer service and have previous experience of managing a Service Department in a franchised car dealership.
Team management and development
- Establish and agree individual targets for your team members to ensure everyone is aligned to their responsibilities and personal development.
- Ensure the service team attend all company and manufacturer training when it’s needed.
- Encourage, support and motivate the team, making it an enjoyable environment.
- Appraise & Coach the team to maximise their potential and the department’s success.
Customer management & communication
- Be involved directly with customers on a daily basis.
- Train and motivate staff to deliver the best possible service to make our customer’s happy.
- Resolve all customer complaints by following team procedures and regain customer satisfaction.
Department budget management
- Monitor the daily financial performance of the department and take corrective action when needed.
- Regularly review the department’s debt status.
- Control the invoicing procedure to ensure accuracy on all job costs.
- Regularly review all pricing policies including labour rates, fleet discounts, parts pricing/oil rates and competitor analysis and adapt where needed.
- Develop and operate advertising and promotional activities alongside the Service department marketing plan.
- Review the costs and effectiveness of marketing spend regularly for the department.
- Monitor workshop product and performance daily across the team and individually.
- Maintain appropriate staff levels to manage the department effectively including overtime and holiday to minimise department impact.
- Ensure the team follows the Ministry of Transport standards so MOTS are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Review and comply with the manufacturer’s standards.
Present at internal meetings, providing updates to Senior Management on the department performance, target results and future plans.
- Relevant experience in a leadership role
- Proven track record in Aftersales within the automotive sector
- Technical qualifications desirable.
- A clean, current driving licence
- Willingness to work additional hours as required
- Experience and skills to review financial, volume and operational objectives
If you’re an automotive professional looking for a role with realistic career progression and a competitive salary, within a business that promotes positive change and development this is the role for you. Please contact Simon MacConachie
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.