Service Manager - Automotive
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Company Car
Are you a successful Automotive Service Manager looking for a new challenge?
Gordon Lamb operate two Skoda franchises, one in Chesterfield and one in Derby and are the only official, franchised Skoda dealer for Derbyshire.
Due to continuing business growth and success we have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Automotive Service Manager to join our dealership in Derby.
You will be required to control resources and utilise assets and maximise profitability through effective sale of labour, parts, accessories, lubricants and other products and services.
You will have responsibility for the aftersales team of 2 service advisors, 5 technicians and a driver / valeter and be directly accountable to the General Manager, whilst also liaising with other dealership representatives, including the Group Aftersales Manager, sales team, parts department, suppliers and manufacturer representatives.
Automotive Service Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate recording of all daily operating controls and KPIs
- Make sure premises, tools, equipment and other dealership assets are controlled and used effectively
- Ensure all materials purchased are adequately controlled
- Be certain that maximum efficiency and profitability whilst providing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain an effective control of expenses in line with agreed objectives by regular examination and review of management accounts and budgets
- Examine sales ledger information to ensure all outstanding debts have been collected within due time periods and customer queries and concerns, responded to and resolved within 24 hours of them being raised
- Establish and maintain training needs analysis to provide satisfactory levels of knowledge, skill, job satisfaction and cost-effective development of key Aftersales personnel
- Control resources and utilise assets and maximise profitability through effective sale of labour, parts, accessories, lubricants and other products and services
The ideal Service Manager:
- Have excellent technical knowledge gained in retail motor industry as well as previous management experience in similar role
- Be qualified and have a technical, professional ad engineering qualifications
- Must be numerate and articulate with outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Have knowledge of vehicle design, manufacture and legislation
- A full driving licence is a pre-requisite
This is a great opportunity to excel and further your career with a well-established, family owned business.
Hours - Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm. Saturdays 8.30am to 1.00pm on a rota basis.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and your skill set matches the above please click APPLY!