Howards are looking for a fully qualified Service, Senior, Diagnostic or Master Technician who can share our passion for automotive technology to work with us in Weston super Mare at our Toyota Dealership.
- You will need to be a qualified technician with a minimum of 3 years experience - Proof of relevant formal qualification (IMI/City & Guilds or equivalent) will be requested during pre-employment checks.
- An MOT tester, or be in the immediate position to work towards becoming an MOT tester.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely.
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills.
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service and repair
- Team Player – assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop.
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines.
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality.
- Honest with high levels of integrity
What we offer
- Good Basic Salary Range plus Bonus Scheme based on skills and experience (ranging from £11.84 - £16.90 gross per hour)
- Bonus Scheme - Full details will be provided if you are invited for interview
- Enhanced Annual leave Package - Increasing with service
- Pension Package with a well established provider
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Training and Career Development
How to apply
Please click through on the link below to upload your CV.
Closing Date & Interviews
The closing date will be midnight on 10 August, 2022.
If successful, you will be contacted either via telephone or email and invited for an interview. Interviews will be either face to face or take place digitally.
The role ranges from tasks such as -
- Carry out all servicing and repairs to the highest standard with efficient use of time
- Carry out any warranty and /or MOT work in line with Manufacturer’s and Statutory regulations, including completion of all paperwork in an accurate manner.
- Plan work and order parts to ensure that the vehicle is ready when promised to the customer
- To carry out inspection and service routines.
- Test, diagnose and repair cars and light commercials in an efficient, skilful and safe manner.
- To provide accurate feedback on job sheets in order to process any claims and produce invoices.
- To prepare new and used cars for display or customer delivery (where applicable)
- To provide support and knowledge to the Technicians and the Service Reception Team.