Our client is looking for an apprentice trained Sheet Metal Worker / Body shop Technician
Main Duties: Bodyshop / fabrication work including part and assembly manufacture, vehicle BIW restoration, BIW build, Panel and Body finishing.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accurately, skilfully manufacture parts and assemblies for restoration projects
* Develop and produce build aids (templates / jigs / fixtures) to assist with vehicle restoration builds.
* Panel finishing body and closures assemblies to a high standard.
* Guide / mentor Bodyshop Technicians on sheet metal practices including welding, forming sheet metal and assembly processes
* Ensure that all good housekeeping standards are adhered to
* Assist in generating full assessment reports for new work including estimated billable hours.
* Accurately communicate technical issues and implications to Technical Manager
* Keep Technical Manager and other key staff fully & regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion date/times.
* Document all completed work on the job card, ensuring job details, hours and materials are accurately recorded
* Work in a way which minimises the risk of damage to the vehicle and its systems
Health and Safety / Team Working
* Contribute to Annual Risk Assessment and take responsibility for Body workshop requirements
* Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the Company
* Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and tidy and that all staff are familiar with Health & Safety Regulation
* Safeguard and protect the customer’s vehicle and its contents while being repaired, ensuring adequate protection is used in every vehicle during repair
* Leading by example; create and maintain positive working relationships
Quality Assurance tasks
* Ensure that quality control procedure is carried out according to company guidelines
* To use and maintain company equipment to the highest standards and report all breakages, losses or malfunctions
Key knowledge, skills and qualities required
* Time served Sheet Metal Worker with experience of part / assembly / BIW build
* Proficient welding skills in MIG / TIG welding and MIG Brazing
* Panel and Body metal finishing to high level
* Experience in vehicle restoration
* Good organisational skills
* Good communication skills
* The ability to coach and develop team members
* Good customer orientation
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on (phone number removed) or apply online with CV Library
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.