At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create the environment needed to deliver an exemplary customer experience whilst connecting more customers with our award winning products. We’re keen to maximise opportunities for our customers and support them in reaching their business goals, ultimately supporting their customers too.
An opportunity has become available for a Technical Specialist to join the team on a Fixed Term Contract basis to provide technical support to the Retailer network and Mercedes-Benz customers by providing technical expertise, advice and information to assist in the diagnosis and repair of complex technical issues, resolving vehicles off road as swiftly as possible.
As the Technical Specialist, you will take ownership of complex cases, through online support, field visits or return of cars to MBUK with technical concerns, diagnosing reported issues through to resolution and where necessary utilising support from Global Service and Parts (GSP) and escalating through established channels.
You will take the lead in identifying trends, where necessary creating a Technical Product Report, and liaising with and agreeing countermeasures with the relevant GSP specialist. The role will require you to provide hands-on support on occasions in order to assist in fault diagnosis and rectification.
In this role, you will also provide and maintain up to date and relevant technical information via a dedicated technical area on company intranet, technical information files, and research and creation of technical literature.
Participation in relevant MBUK and DAG technical training and attendance at technical meetings will also form part of your remit.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Certification to L3 national qualification standard, preferably via a recognised apprenticeship. The Mercedes-Benz or smart Diagnostic Technician qualification is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) and have excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate level of IT skill (primarily, Microsoft Office systems)
- Knowledge of the Mercedes Benz Cars product range
- High degree of customer orientation (internal and external)
- A full and clean driving licence
- Flexible attitude towards working hours to meet the demands of the business