At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus, delivering customer delight through our products and services. Ours is a friendly, collaborative and fast moving business where we work together to deliver great things and thrive in an environment which encourages innovation and supports personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for a Retail Business Manager to be based at our highly successful Epsom site in Surrey.
As a retail business manager within used cars, you will play a key part in the customer journey, providing face-to-face sales to maximise profitability by meeting customers’ needs for finance, insurance and ancillary products.
With a highly competitive basic salary of £35,525 and an OTE bonus of up to £27,000, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the UKs number one premium automotive brand as we continue to grow each year.
If you are looking for an opportunity to drive sales of our fantastic products, in a great business offering market leading professional and personal development as well as a great working environment surrounded by great people, click apply now!
You will also be responsible for a key part of the customers’ Mercedes-Benz journey – choosing and hopefully buying our additional products and services in order to meet and exceed the customer’s needs.
Customer satisfaction is crucial to the success of our business…customers expect exceptional service from a brand like Mercedes-Benz and you will need to ensure they receive it.
Key responsibilities in this fantastic role include:
- Ensuring clear and effective presentation of products and services appropriate to individual customer circumstances and requirements
- Working with Sales Executives to sell vehicles with appropriate finance and insurance to retail customers
- Responsible for maintaining good relations with all staff at the retail site; for coaching, mentoring and managing Sales Executives as directed
- Providing business reports to the management team
- In conjunction with the management team, developing marketing opportunities for financial services products
- Maintaining relationships with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and other finance companies, and brokers as necessary
- Chairing on-site meetings related to financial services and related products
- Ensuring that the personal contribution (and that of direct reports where applicable) is consistent with the principle and outcomes of ‘treating customers fairly’; in accordance with all laws; regulatory principles and rules; and in line with group policies and guidelines
We are looking for an experienced Business Manager with experience within the automotive industry.
Other skills and experience required for this role include:
- Proven track record as a competent Business Manager
- Knowledge of finance, general insurance and other products relating to the automotive industry
- Knowledge of Finance and Leasing and industry best practice and legislation
- Ability to demonstrate excellent sales techniques
- Attaining and maintaining competence, within the regulatory scope documented in the FCA Insurance Mediation Manual including Treating Customers Fairly
- A team player, and a competent communicator
- Personal drive and commitment
- Clean driving license
- Good credit history and of good repute
Aside from a highly competitive salary and commission structure, which rewards personal and business success, you will be able to drive your own Mercedes-Benz as well as having access to our excellent pension scheme and discounts on holidays, shopping, insurances and lots more.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10-minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying alongside an indication of your salary expectations. The Mercedes-Benz recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UK legislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we are only able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom.