Our client - a leading car manufacturer - are looking to fill the key role of Vehicle Launch & Systems Specialist. This is a 1 year fixed contract to cover a maternity leave.
This role is a key role in the Customer and Network Support team which works closely with the Product and Sales & Supply Planning teams to launch vehicles more effectively, and be a central source of systems development in the product launch process and in the development of vehicle systems.
- Be the key point of contact for Product Managers and the Sales & Supply Planning team
- Coordinate within the Vehicle Launch Coordinator team requests for product launch set up, allocation of showroom and demonstrator cars, courtesy and campaign cars.
- Report progress to the Manager of Network Support and develop the process for an ideal product launch.
- Responsible for managing one Co-ordinator.
- Work with colleagues to develop the systems and help the dealer network become more self sufficient in terms of vehicle ordering and ETA information.
- Attend all key launch meetings, enforce the launch process and brief the team on actions resulting.
- Responsible for reviewing systems, Academy training and measuring the performance of the network with regard to their use of key systems.
- Spread best practice within the Network Support team, Dealer networks, Product teams and Sales & Supply planning teams with regard to systems and product launch processes.
Skills & Experience
- Highly systems minded – be an expert user of systems (do not need to be an IT professional)
- Experience working either an automotive head office or other consumer product eg food & drink, pharmaceuticals, telecoms, IT hardware, consumer electronics etc
- Experience working in a product or supply chain function
- Ideally experience working in a product launch team or, if not, have been involved in project work which covers business and system activities as part of the projects.
- Strong planning skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and looking to support efficient ways of working
- Ideally experience of a Product Ordering system
- Comfortable working with Business Objects
- Have ability to influence dealers
- Have a client focused approach to internal customers
- At least A level of education or equivalent.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Automotive Recruitment.
Copeland are experts in executive search and selection in the Automotive Sector. We work for Automotive Manufacturers, Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, and a wide range of Automotive Suppliers including: Parts, Warranty, Aftersales & IT. Based in the UK, we recruit, sales, marketing, dealer development, operations, analyst, planning and managerial roles.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.