The Henry Ford Academy is responsible for developing knowledge and skills across the Ford branded network and supporting Ford's foundation for success - Great Products, Strong Business, Better World.
The Henry Ford Academy aims to be the centre of excellence for auto retail and technical education. They promote careers in the automotive industry and incorporate practices from other sectors to help their retailers and authorised repairers deliver excellence for Ford customers.
The Henry Ford Academy is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated professional to join the team as the Vice Principal. This role works as part of the Henry Ford Academy leadership team to ensure the delivery of effective support services within the business, undertaking all activities as required ensuring the best possible service to our stakeholders. The post holder will be highly creative and engaging with strong leadership skills.
The Vice Principal has overall direct responsibility for all non-learning functions, including dealer communications and service, business intelligence and reporting, CRM, course/event planning and scheduling, resources, service efficiency and facilities.
What You’ll Do
- Supporting the Head of Learning / Principal in the development and delivery of Henry Ford Academy Strategy
- Developing an agreed operational strategy to support delivery and plan for future deliverables, skills resources
- Monitor and feedback on performance of scheduling and dealer communications / bookings on a weekly basis, speaking on these activities in other forums as required
- Ensure the creation and delivery of Business Intelligence data across multiple work streams for internal use by Leadership team and others
- Regularly monitor and give feedback on the effectiveness of planning and scheduling; authorising major changes in advance to secure dealer attendance and effective utilisation of Academy resources, facilities and training consultants
- Encourage a customer-centric environment built around positive relationships and innovative, commercially aware and industry leading solutions
- Monitor customer satisfaction and customer feedback and work with partners to plan and implement measured actions to improve performance in these areas
- Ensure all team members are set objectives in line with the Academy Strategy and KPIs and regularly monitor and develop performance
- Maximise the use of facilities and services, contributing to commercial performance without impacting the service to the Ford network
- Maintain positive external relationships with a view to exploring business development opportunities and securing growth
- Lead on the development and maintenance of Operating Procedures, ensuring their effectiveness for all business operations and the compliance of all areas to these procedures.
What You Need to Have
- Must have extensive management and commercial experience with previous experience managing a budget and strong business acumen
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Professional qualification in training operations or facilities management would be advantageous
- Experience of managing an operation or leading a professional business department is essential
- Demonstrable experience of building strong relationships and influencing senior executives / managers on commercial basis
- Experience of managing contract negotiations and management of external suppliers and partners
- Understanding of the automotive industry and working partnerships with industry / sector associations (i.e., IMI, CIPD etc.) would be an added advantage
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of working in a commercial training or consultancy environment – desirable
What We Offer
- 34 days holiday per annum (including statutory bank holidays)
- 10% Performance Related Bonus
- BUPA healthcare and worldwide family travel insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance (4 x basic salary)
- Membership of discount websites
- Car allowance
Percepta offers a fast paced, exciting environment where all of our leaders and employees work to promote the company’s core values. Our leadership team is focused on promoting effective teamwork and open communication and always treats people with dignity and respect. Percepta’s leaders also help drive the core value to execute with commitment, speed and quality, an essential value which drives our clients’ continual satisfaction with Percepta’s services.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.