Summary of role
RNB Commercials Ltd currently have an opportunity for a professional, experienced and enthusiastic individual to manage the workshop and bodyshop functions within the Service Department at the Skelmersdale depot in the capacity of Workshop Controller working 08:00 to 17:00, Monday – Friday (over time as required).
Reporting to the Service Manager the successful candidate will be required to deal with the day-to-day running of the bodyshop, workshop & mobile clinic operations, with responsibility for the repair and maintenance of heavy goods vehicles and trailers. They will be required to manage and develop a customer focused and profitable workshop and bodyshop business, ensuring that they deliver a first-class level of support to all customers as well as planning, controlling and monitoring processes within the service areas of the depot.
The post requires someone with strong communication, organisational, and administrative skills, ideally with experience of using a range of IT systems and packages.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
· Management of work and delegation of work to the appropriately skilled personnel.
· Compiling and maintaining a resource plan for the workshop and bodyshop.
· Ensuring planning for facilities, bays, machines, tools, diagnostics etc. is carried out correctly.
· Liaising with customers by telephone and personal contact as required by customer.
· Primary contact with the vast majority of RNB Clients.
· Manage the downtime of each asset to ensure smooth work flows.
· Provide quality reports on time and consistent with the current standards.
· Preparing planning and calculations for investments in workshops, facilities and HR together with the company management.
· Working with the Service Manager to regularly review pricing for workshop service.
· Supporting with the recruitment of new staff members, including the initial selection of candidates and involvement in interviews and decisions regarding employing new staff.
· Managing, coaching and motivating employees to ensure that targets and business objectives are met.
· Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of part.
· Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales for job completion.
· Accurately recording technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations.
· Supporting the Supervisors to assist technicians with technical challenges to identify solutons.
· Ordering correct parts for vehicles.
· Ensuring warranty standards are adhered to.
· Making sure that all work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind.
· Ensure compliance of site in ALL aspects of care and governance.
Required qualificiations and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working within a service or workshop environment.
- Ideally to have experience in a man management role.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of the Commercial vehicle industry and experience of organising vehicle maintenance or MOT’s as well as campaign work.
- Must possess the ability to communication well with customer and colleagues across different department, both face-to-face and via email and telephone.
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Full and current UK driving licence; an LGV licence would be advantageous.