Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm with 1 in 3 Saturday mornings 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
We are currently recruiting for an experience Workshop Controller to join a busy main dealership in Horsham. As Workshop Controller you will be responsible for ensuring all servicing and repairs are carried out effectively to achieve the highest possible ‘right- first-time’ standards for technical quality, whilst optimising workshop efficiency. Working closely with the Service Manager, you will also be responsible for ensuring maximum productivity out of the workshop. You will be required to demonstrate a time served career and the appropriate qualifications to support your achievements at the highest level within a technical capacity.
The job duties include:
- Appropriate allocation of work, fully recognising the skill level and experience of each Technician in the team;
- Monitoring progress of repairs and servicing, communicating any delays;
- Regular daily checks making sure capacity is met and additional work accommodated;
- Ensuring quality checks are carried out as per the company and Brand guidelines; and
- Supporting, monitoring and giving feedback on Technicians’ quality and efficiency.
The successful candidate will have:
- Technical knowledge and qualifications gained through prior experience as a senior technician or Workshop Controller;
- Computer literacy with a strong numerical ability;
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive the workshop team;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills; and
- A full driving licence.
For your hard work you will be rewarded with:
- 23 days holiday basic (plus public holidays) increasing with length of service;
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme;
- Discounts on new vehicle, used vehicle, service and parts purchases; and
- Various perks and discounts with high street and online retailers and services.
To apply now please contact Rebecca and quote the reference number JOB 95
Unfortunately we are unable to contact every application that we receive, if you do not receive a response please assume that you have been unsuccessful with this particular application, however if you have automotive experience we will keep your details on file and contact you should a vacancy arise that matches your skills and experience.
We are a leading recruiter within the automotive sector providing coverage across the UK, if you are looking to further your career within the motor trade please get in touch with us.
We have many motor trade positions available ranging from Car Sales and Vehicle Technician jobs through to General Manager.